Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

M-Audio Revo and Coaxial output

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Guy Clifford, Jun 22, 2004.

1. Guy Clifford

Guy Clifford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe I am being very dense on this, but how on earth do you get the Coaxial digital output on the M-Audio Revolution 7.1 to work?

I am feeding it into my Marantz 5300 but theres no sound output although I know that the card works fine through its analogue outputs.

I can't see any check boxes called 'enable coaxial out' anywhere so I really cant figure out why its not working!

The same input works fine when fed a signal from a DVD player and the computer ( Duron 1800 with 512 and XP ) is fully patched with latest revo drivers and direct X installed.

Any help / suggestions gratefully received

2. The Dude

The Dude
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,602
    I'm not familiar with the revolution, but i've got the 2496 delta and had the same issue initially..

On mine I had to set the maudio control panel options for digi-out to AC3 Non-Audio to get any output..

not sure if the interface is the same, but worth looking..

also, check the app you are using is set to SPDif / Ac3 output..

3. Guy Clifford

Guy Clifford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that. I should say that I have got DVDs to output via the coaxial by checking the use digital option in the DVD software, but what I was trying to do was output winamp via the Coaxial. Anyone know if this is even possible and if not, is there an alternative player for .ape files that would allow this?

The software for the M-Audio Revo doesnt seem to have any digital output options as far as I can see.

4. Guy Clifford

Guy Clifford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    d'oh! the digital option is in the drop down at the end of a whole load of digital options! Now it's working and what a fine souding card it is too!