M-Audio BX5A Deluxe Monitors or audioengine A5 (Xonar D2X)

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by Sleepy, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Sleepy

Sleepy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  2. Repton

Repton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    I believe the BX5a Deluxes are more powerful, each monitor is bi-amped (70W RMS each), requires it's own power supply and are proper studio monitors at a budget price. For me that is better value.

Sound wise, can't compare with the Audioengine A5 as I have not heard them, they are extremely revealing and has a sweet treble with taught bass.

More here:
    YouTube - M-Audio BX5a Deluxe Active Speakers

also a dedicated forum here:

Speakers, Headphones & Earphones - The Official M-Audio User Forums

Downside?
    You hear quite a bit of reliability issues. Mine is superb at the moment.

all the best.

thought you only have £100 to spend?:D

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  3. thelawns

thelawns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    I still can't decide if I want to buy the M-Audio BX5A Deluxe's at the moment. That review has helped no end though, I enjoyed watching that so thanks for the post! :smashin:

Someone else mentioned the KRK RP5's as the best competitor to them, both price and performance wise. Anyone tried these?? I am a bit of a sucker for the M-Audio range though! :rolleyes:

4. Repton

Repton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    You should check out their own manufacturer's forums to see when has the best reliability performance and general customer satisfaction, hope that will sway your decision! By the way, I still love my M-As!:D

5. norsk

norsk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :)Hello Guys..
    I have just being told about this thread which is on the subject...i am posting about elsewhere on the forum....
    i just wondered if any of you had update information on the active speakers in the thread? if so i would love to hear as these speakers are the ones that keep being mentioned to me...

but i need a bit more information to make my final decision?:confused:I really am no expert but know approximately what i am looking for...i hope anyway

just to recap: i have dell studio 17 as source..playing 95% Mp3 files..also sandisk sansa fuse 8gb ...i am looking for a good compact set up for my room...will not be connected to Hi-Fi...

so any advice on the different areas of the set up very much appreciated..
    do i require a DAC? this confuses me..and do i require a power source for the M-audio Audioengine and the others you were discussing/

all the best Steve:thumbsup: