1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M- audio Audiophile 2496 or revolution

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by JonLeach, Apr 1, 2003.

1. JonLeach

JonLeach

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Hi,

Can't decide which sound card to get, require DD and DTS from PC going to AV amp. Currently using a Creative SB live 1024.

Has anyone compared the two cards my budget is at max £150, would like to use this config for DVD audio in future.

Also using pc as a MP3 juke box would like good quality sound form PC.

i currently use a Microsoft Wireless KBnn mouse but find it frustratiing that the mouse sometimes dropps out. can anyone recommend a alternative.

Thanks

Jon

2. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    For the keyboard and mouse I would recommend the Gyration Ultra suite available from Kustom PCs.

It has an RF keyboard and optical mouse with the added benefit of the mouse also being gyroscopic so you can use it in mid air - sounds weird but works well once you get used to it.

It also has a much longer range, 25m I think, compared to the MS and Logitech versions.

More details here : http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/product.php?view=3026&PHPSESSID=b92654c93102840f264c993338d167ab

As for the sound card I can't advise but someone is selling the M-Audio at a good price here on the forums.

Cheers, Lee