1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M-Audio 2496 & MCE Problems

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by Crab, Aug 11, 2005.

1. Crab

Crab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just purchased an M-Audio Audiophile 2496 card and installed it in my machine, I've got it working but the problem is that it seems to take over all aspects of volume etc (ie. The volume level bars are greyed out in control panel) the upshot of which is if you use the volume control in Media Center or WMP then the sound level is instantly set to 0.

Anybody know how to resolve this problem?

2. jimbob19

jimbob19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    AFAIK there is no way around this
    My brother in law had same problem - in the end he bought another sound card for use in MCE

3. JaneyP

JaneyP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I don't know how to fix it but I'm pretty sure it can be done as I remeber seeing a review of custom made MCE box's in one of the glossys and the 2496 was used in one of them so don't give up just yet, there may be a way :thumbsup:

4. Pudgerboy

Pudgerboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yup i have this problem too. bugger.

5. Slinkoff

Slinkoff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I've got a 2496 card and yes it sets windows volume to zero and disables the sound control but what's the problem exactly? You control the volume using the M-Audio mixer instead...

Is it that you are sending the output to a set of speakers that you don't have remote control over so you were using the MCE volume control to control your volume and now you can't? I can see how that could be a problem. I output to an amp so I have remote control over that so the zero volume thing was never a concern. I've never used it but I think Girder can give you remote control of soundcard functions... http://www.promixis.com/