m-atx mainboard to pair with Phenom X4 - recommendations?

shandypants

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience pairing a Phenom X4 with a m-atx mobo?

I've searched through dabs and aria etc and there don't seem to that many choices, and also some worrying comments about the higher TDP Phenoms giving some models a hard time.

Anyone out there running this combo? Any tips or advice?

Cheers for looking

Shandy

For reference it was the X4 Black Edition 9950 i was thinking of getting.

DFI do a 790GX micro atx board LANPARTY JR 790GX-M2RS which is available in the UK for about £88.
Review here: CPU3D.com / DFI LanParty JR 790GX-M2RS Motherboard or Search for the board by model number various reviews etc online.

This is a fairly high-spec board, but AFAIK one of the very few m-atx boards that support the 125W CPUs. It also has pretty good integrated graphics...

Thanks - had almost given up on this thread!

Have since found a Gigabyte board that fully supports 125 and 140w cpus, so will be buying that one once payday comes around.

Cheers for replying though :smashin:

Shandy

Well I'm confused now :confused:

According to Gigabyte's website, this model m-atx board fully supports 125w and 140w cpu's such as the Phenom Black Editions etc. Good news! :)

GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Overview - GA-MA78GM-S2H (rev. 2.0)

BUT, on the scan.co.uk website under this board, there's a footnote about the power handling further down:

Scan Computers UK: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H, AMD 780G, S AM2+, PCI-E 2.0, DDR2 1066MHz, SATA II, SATA RAID, HDMI1.3, µATX

I was all set to buy that board but I'm a bit worried by the warning from scan?

Cheers

Shandy

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom