LZ32 RZ55 resolution problems

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by barrycfc, Feb 4, 2009.

Tags:
  1. barrycfc

barrycfc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, I have a severe problem with my LG 32" LCD tv. (RZ32LZ55 if I remember correctly)
    The screen has developed a nasty fault as follows :
    Straight down the centre of the screen (vertically) you can see a distinct difference in screen brightness/resolution from one side to the other.
    The right hand half of the screen is clear and bright but the left side is duller and less resolved.
    The fault is evident regardless of source, I have tried V+ cable box, dvd player and my PS3......all with the same fault.
    It is harder to notice the problem with faster moving images but when watching football etc at kick off it looks like the pitch has two different shades of green grass in either half.

Sorry if this sounds a little untechnical but I wouldnt know how to describe this any better.
    I have played around with settings on contrast and brightness but to no avail.
    Any help is really appreciated. (oh, I have owned the tv for 2.5 years now and this problem has been evident for the last 6 months or so)

thanks guys
    barry

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  2. barrycfc

barrycfc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry to re-post but hasnt anyone got any idea as to what my problem with this screen could be ?

thanks

3. RottenFox

RottenFox
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,289
    well i doubt you would be able to fix it,and either a board,or more than likely a panel/backlight array might be needed,and at a rough guess,with time/labour,and parts costs, would probably cost more than the tv is worth.