Lyngdorf user's by users manual and TDAI 3400 modifications

Plato1951

Standard Member
Reaction score
I own TDAI 3400 and I love what it can offer in terms of sound quality and adjustments for imperfect room acoustics. However, I am still learning and... struggling. The attached manual is a good effort but written by technical people and to me, it reads like a concise summary of technical documentation.

1/ Is there anybody (country distributor, dealer, power/experienced user, ...) who intrinsically knows TDAI 3400 operation and attempted to draft (in any language) some notes for the benefit of others, written in any language but for the average user - clear and step-by-step, even not complete?
2/ Is there anybody on the forum who attempted to modify TDAI 3400 master-clocks by replacing it with OCXO or of similar specs, and would be willing to share his experience?

Best, Plato

I own TDAI 3400 and I love what it can offer in terms of sound quality and adjustments for imperfect room acoustics. However, I am still learning and... struggling. The attached manual is a good effort but written by technical people and to me, it reads like a concise summary of technical documentation.

1/ Is there anybody (country distributor, dealer, power/experienced user, ...) who intrinsically knows TDAI 3400 operation and attempted to draft (in any language) some notes for the benefit of others, written in any language but for the average user - clear and step-by-step, even not complete?
2/ Is there anybody on the forum who attempted to modify TDAI 3400 master-clocks by replacing it with OCXO or of similar specs, and would be willing to share his experience?

Best, Plato

Have you tried speaking to whoever sold it to you?

Well, this was a second-hand acquisition from a private seller who had it for a few weeks only before selling it to me. I cannot contact the dealer.

There are a lot of Lyngdorf owners here and there is a dedicated Lyngdorf thread here

Your best route is to articulate the questions you need answers to on that thread and someone will be able to help

Best, Plato

Plato I cant offer clock upgrade experience exactly as you ask but I can tell you that I had to lower the noise floor in my AC , lower noise in my ethernet input and lower noise from resonance and vibrations in my entire system to unlock the potential from the TDAI clock.
I have employed tweaks in my power distribution system and a modified isotek sigmas g2. The use of an etherregen network switch was a revelation to the noise floor of the system and this actually delivers very distinct improvement across the board improvement in SQ.

Fo.q tape, good value for controlling resonance i used a pack of ta32 and a pack of ta 102 the 2 different thicknesses can be used in different applications.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom