Lyngdorf TDAi2200

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Greenfence, May 6, 2007.

1. Greenfence

Greenfence

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hello,

Any views on the Lyngdorf TDAi2200 with Room Perfect? I heard the TDAi2200at the Bristol Show and was blown-away - an astonishing bit of kit. My question concerns the use of the additional (£1200) Room Perfect module - is it really worth it considering that you can get (free!) DSP download software off the internet which can be used with a standard TDAi2200 - does this do the same thing....?

2. Hifi addict

Hifi addict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    acoustics is prob. 50% of your total sound experience and RP is focussing on that part. with the buildin DSP and software you can also do some things but its nowhere near the complex calculations and tuning that the RP module does.

yes, its a lot of money, but imo it was worth it. Try it yourself at home. The 2200+RP can be used with RoomPerfect but you can also bypass the RP and do the DSP yourself.

3. Steve413

Steve413

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,484
    I have had a full 2+2 Lyngdorf Hifi system at home now for 2 years and I have to say that it is by far the best system I have owned, before this I had a Meridian system for 10 days, and before that Mf TriVista 300 Chord Dac64, the only thing that I have kept is my Revel Ultima Gem's.

System as follows: Lyngdorf CD1 - TDAi2200 + RoomPerfect - SDA2175 - 2x BW210 - Revel Ultima Gem's - Isol-8 Powerstation - Chord Co Cables.

Feel free to ask me anything about Lyngdorf, more than happy to assist.

4. craigd

craigd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +130
    Slingo/Hifi addict - I am considering purchasing a Lyngdorf set up:

TDAI 2200 + RoomPerfect + ADC
    2x BW1 Booundary Woofers + SDA 2175 to power them

I would appreciate some advice from those of you that already own the amp - I have heard it and it is very good. I am just waiting for a home demo...

Have you used it with a music server/PC to stream music over SPDIF? and where can you get good information on the quality of the SPDIF interfaces on such products? I know my CD player jitter is measured @ about 120psec which is close to the CD-1, but can't find data for any music servers....

To Hifi Addict in particular, have you tried to integrate the TDAI in to a 5.1 set up with your AVR300 with any success - I was thinking if using Lyngdorf TDAI 2200 + RoomPerfect + ADC fed from my AV9 to power the front 2+2 (sending all LFE to the front pair) whilst keeping a power amp to power the centre and 2 surround speakers? If I cannot do this I will need to invest in some kind of remote control speaker switcher and will not get the benefits of RoomPerfect with 5.1...

Is there any way to fix the volume of the TDAI 2200 to a pre-defined level at the press of a button - my A32 has what is call 'processor mode' for this purpose...

Craig

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  5. craigd

craigd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +130
    I have tried a few DIY Room Correction solutions and have had some success but the SQ just isn't anywhere near that of the Lyngdorf. I have tried the following and they helped (except for Duff as I couldn't get it working):

• Acourate software with Windows Media Player Convolver plugin
    • Parametric EQ of sub channel(s) with Behringer 1124DSP
    • Duff Room Correction

6. Steve413

Steve413

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,484
    Craig Hi
    I run an FMJ ms250 server with my TDAi2200 and it is amazing, sounds better than running MS250 into any other amp, that said the CD1 is so much better. What dealer is doing the Home Loan for you, did not think there were any I bought mine from the UK importer.

7. craigd

craigd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +130
    Slingo,

A company called Gecko - I originally approached them about an Audyssey but heard the Lyngdorf kit whilst I was there.

Its good that the MS250 sounds good but that is one pricey piece of kit and I would not pend that much on a music server. Can I ask how the two deviced are connected to the TDAI 2200 as I cannot see how the CD1 would sound substantially better if both devices are using digital connections?

Cheers,
    Craig

8. Steve413

Steve413

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,484
    I bought mine from Rob at Gecko - Great guy knows his beans.
    I have just had a music session with two of I best mates and trust me when I tell you, I am not the only one who thinks the CD1 sounds better than the MS250.

CD1 - Audioquest EagleEye
    MS250 - VDH the First Ultimate.

Both are being power by the Isol-8 Powerstation 2ch regenerator.

9. craigd

craigd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +130
    Wow, that is a lot of money to spend on digital interconnects. I had some Chord Signature something but it sound the same as a £20 one from Maplin so I sold it (for the same I paid for it!).

I will not be buying the CD-1 as although it is good, I already have an Arcam CD36 so cannot justify the cost. I will be looking out for a music server but just cannot find any data on digital inteface performance (except for here: http://www.milleraudioresearch.com/avtech) but it recently disappeared :(

10. craigd

craigd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +130
    Greenfence - I have just finished tweaking this over the weekend on my new Lyngdorf TDAi2200 and have to say that the RoomPerfect module has made a big difference in my room. I am very pleased with the results.

Gecko loaned it to me for one week to see if it worked in my room and I couldn't give it back!

11. Farris

Farris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi Craig,

Are you running a seperate room perfect module or are you using the room perfect in the TDAi220?

Is there a big difference in you opinion?

12. craigd

craigd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +130
    I am using the RoomPerfect Module in the TDAI 2200. The standalone module is designed to work with the separates range that Lyngdorf do - e.g. Millenium, ADC, etc. - that would be a much more expensive set up.