Lyngdorf TDAI 1120 vs 3400

Just a heads up on the 2170/3400 HDMI board. The early ones have 4 inputs but can only pass through 2K, the later boards have 3 inputs and can do 4K.
Thanks for the heads up. Not terribly critical as I use my projector for 4K content so video is separate (via my Lumagen processor), but no doubt I'll have a 4k TV one day (currently just use the Lumagen to downscale/convert to SDR any 4K content from disc, if I really wanted to watch it on TV).

Not really that keen on used 2170 to be honest and the 3400 is just more than I'd be happy spending: It's either the 1120 or nothing I guess, so I'd have to live without being able to watch discs on TV or find a work round to do it.

The 1120 is very special indeed. You’ll certainly not be disappointed.

Especially as you have two subs and are going to put them in corners; the whole reason for the full benefit of the Lyngdorf amps.

The 3400, and I’d have one in an instant, is a better amp in every respect.

The manner of controlling the volume, for instance, is a more sophisticated type and I’d expect greater clarity just because of that. And the extra power, naturally, is always a good thing.

Having said all that, I don’t feel the need for an upgrade.

I’ve had the 1120 for three years, driving moderate to difficult speakers and it has never failed to delight me every day of those three years.

RP really is a gift. For music the difference, even when apparently small, is still all in the right direction. And with subs, simply untouchable.

I bought mine solely for music and it performs better than I’d expected (and I was expecting a lot coming from Dirac, ARC and a DSPeaker DualCore) and as a treat for me, it does very well with films and tv series that require it. The sub control alone, for films, is surprisingly effective and the added clarity always welcome.

The 3400 certainly if you can afford it, but no one is being short changed with the 1120.

👆what he said... 👌👍

👆what he said... 👌👍
Yes, I'm coming to the same conclusion (over both threads I've posted in, sorry!). The 1120 will be more than adequate for my needs and the 3400 is too expensive for my taste.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom