Lyngdorf MP-60 AV Processor Review & Comments

Rock Danger

Distinguished Member
Rock - thanks for the heads up, downloaded 4.2.1. From your note looks like another firmware update imminent as well. Hopefully Tivo and ATV will be better behaved or I may go down the a new HDMI 2.1 cable between my Lyngdorf and C9 - george

I've no idea what's in this update, only that it's software and the one coming up will be more HDMI focused.

A 2.1 cable is only recommended when the chain is all 2.1 from: source>processor>display

And that's just best practice, it's not actually essential if you cables are good enough. I think these zeskit cables are meant to be good for 2.1 sources without being silly money but there are others.

NangNang

Yes. Actually I bought new cables from Belkin for my Apple TV 4K ( the new one that just came out) and directly from Apple.

So far everything is cool and works well. Even Netflix switches quickly between resolutions (matching frame rate)

The only fu…. Thing that really annoys me and I don’t get working is switching on and off mp-60 and TV LG C9 with Apple TV remote.

I always used to control the whole setup with only one remote and that was the Apple TV remote. When I turn Apple TV on, the processor and TV used to turn on and switch directly to source Apple TV. Then I was able to chose with Apple TV remote entertainment I liked. When finished, I turned off Apple TV with the remote and all other got turned off too.

But this doesn’t work for me at the moment. It turns only the TV on, but no mp-60, so I have always to use two remote controls. The Apple TV and mp60. When I turn Apple TV off, it turns tv off but not the mp60, which I have to turn off individually.

HDMI CEC ….

Anyone experiencing similar or has a solution / advise for me?

Thanks

bambam04

Novice Member
If you didn't download the last firmware update - and now there is a new one - will the unit download/update both when you do the next update?

exm

Novice Member
There's a lot of discussion about DTS:X Pro in this unit. Is anyone running AURO-3D? I've pre-ordered my unit and I'll be running a 5.2.7 unit (7 height speakers, including center height). I had AURO in my Marantz but unfortunately I never played around with. It seems that a lot of people actually prefer AURO especially with music upmixing.

Rock Danger

Distinguished Member
If you didn't download the last firmware update - and now there is a new one - will the unit download/update both when you do the next update?

Yes - a skipped FW update doesn't leave anything out. If you bought a unit that was 2 yrs old or more that had never been updated it would still be fine.

TDifEQ

There's a lot of discussion about DTS:X Pro in this unit. Is anyone running AURO-3D? I've pre-ordered my unit and I'll be running a 5.2.7 unit (7 height speakers, including center height). I had AURO in my Marantz but unfortunately I never played around with. It seems that a lot of people actually prefer AURO especially with music upmixing.
Red Tails Auro-3D from Germany plays fine on the MP-60. RedTails Auro 3D - it was truly worth the wait!

The Auro upmixer is very good too for High Def movies ... sometimes better than (new DTS:X's) Neural:X upmixer ... particularly in Top/Height speakers.

Have not listened to any music using Auro-3D.

exm

Novice Member
Hi all, thanks all for the help so far. While still awaiting delivery of my unit, I was wondering (after reading the manual) if I can make 3 room profiles:
  • Dolby
  • DTS
  • Auro

Each profile would have a different speaker configuration, and it's own RP calibration. I could then attach these profiles to an input. Is that possible?

Here's my dilemma. In the front (not pictured) I have fronts, center, front height, center height.

In the back I have the following speakers:
2 Sides, 2 Subs (no issues there).

However my height speakers need to be configured. With Atmos/DTS I can simple assign these as HLS/HLM and HRS/RTM.

For Auro I'm not sure how to assign these.
IMG_0887.jpg

TDifEQ

When one runs Room Perfect, one gets 2 filters for each unique Speaker Setup (Profile): Focus1 and Global 1. Even though one can add multiple profiles, only 1 profile is needed for the 3 Sound Formats you listed. See Note 1 below for exceptions. Lyngdorf's OS will automatically switch to the proper Sound Formats as determined by the source material or you can manually switch btwn Dolby, DTS or Auro upmixers using the Lyngdorf remote controller, GUI or the Lyngdorf front panel controls.

If you are worried that the speakers are named and located differently among Auro and Dolby and DTS Speaker Configurations ... Lyngdorf OS will automatically send the sound to the nearest spkr "as you specified" in Lyngdorf's Speaker Setup. See Pic1 below. From the Lyngdorf MP-60 Owners Manual: "If Dolby Atmos or DTS:X material is played in an Auro-3D setup, the system will try to match the Auro3D specific speakers to the nearest Dolby Atmos equivalent, the same goes for playing Auro-3D material on a Dolby Atmos setup. The system will also handle hybrid setups with both types of speakers"

Speaker Setup Menu.PNG

Pic1. Speaker Setup Menu

Note1: With the MP-60, the only time one needs a new profile is if one changes one of the "user" parameters in Room Perfect ... which would require RP to be re-run. These parameters include adding or deleting speakers, changing spkr or sub crossovers, changing Speaker/Sub distances, chg'g Sprkr/Sub delays, chg'g Spkr/Sub gain, and (this is new) chg'g individual Spkr or Sub EQ curves. There may be a few other parameters, but that covers most of them.

Last edited:

exm

Novice Member
That’s very useful, many thanks! So it seems I should configure these heights as HLS/HLM and HRS/HRS..

When I read the manual, I don’t think I can assign any height speakers as rear if I don’t have a floor rear speaker.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom