Lyngdorf discussion

I'm currently using a TDAI-1120 powering Dali Rubicon 6 fronts and BW-2 sub. Music is incredible but at first, like you, I was a little under whelmed with the BW-2 for movies. However, as they've broken in it has grown on me. I also set up a 60Hz crossover on the 1120 and the Rubicon 6s bass compliments the BW-2 nicely.

I am adding Rubicon LCRs for surrounds and I have then sadly sitting in the hallway waiting for some mounts to get made so I can get them up on the wall. Super eager to hear what this 4.1 will sound like for home theater.

May end up adding a second BW-2 eventually though. Hard to decide if I want to keep investing in speakers or make the next upgrade pushing for an MP-40 + amp for all 4 speakers I've already got.
i have 2 BW2 but the MH2 are really only satelites with no real output below 100hz.
Maybe the BW2 doesn't need to provide the entire bass with some bigger floor standers.

May end up adding a second BW-2 eventually though. Hard to decide if I want to keep investing in speakers or make the next upgrade pushing for an MP-40 + amp for all 4 speakers I've already got.

Maybe you could just buy a second 1120 for the surround channels. No need for MP40 If you only do a 4.1 system.

Maybe you could just buy a second 1120 for the surround channels. No need for MP40 If you only do a 4.1 system.

How would that work with RoomPerfect calibration though?

You just do exactly the same RP calibration then the front speakers. You will need a second sub to get the lower frequencies from the surrounds.

I once had a 4.2 set up with two TDAI 2170’s. My source was an OPPO 203 and used the analog outs to the TDAI’s. Wonderful system!

You just do exactly the same RP calibration then the front speakers. You will need a second sub to get the lower frequencies from the surrounds.

I once had a 4.2 set up with two TDAI 2170’s. My source was an OPPO 203 and used the analog outs to the TDAI’s. Wonderful system!

Hmm interesting. I had assumed that the RP calibration would be suboptimal unless the processor could hear all the speakers at once.

I am running a 4.2 setup with two TDAI-2200. Roomperfect calibration is no problem but I cannot use a subwoofer on the surround channels since I am using the delay in the second TDAI to align the surround with the main speakers.

I am running a 4.2 setup with two TDAI-2200. Roomperfect calibration is no problem but I cannot use a subwoofer on the surround channels since I am using the delay in the second TDAI to align the surround with the main speakers.

Interesting. What pre/pro are you using and how is it hooked up to the 2200s?

Lyngdorfs BW2 and BW3 sound completely different depending on how they are being used.

In a Lyngdorf 2.2 system their internal filters are bypassed and they will be playing flat up to 800Hz. This produces the sound you’d expect from big floor standers but with better bass timing because of their placement. Try some drumming or music with good transients and they make for an incredible stereo………but they don’t sound like subs.

I have another pair of BW2’s being used in a surround system and here their internal filter is being used so they give the grunt and weight you expect from sub woofers. The bass in my lounge from this system is the best I’ve ever had and its from a pair of surprisingly small subs.

Boundary woofers are a new category of speaker and ideally you need to hear them used in both scenarios before making a judgement.

Please get in touch if you’d like to hear both options here…….they are amazing in both.

Interesting. What pre/pro are you using and how is it hooked up to the 2200s?
I have an Oppo BDP-93 with an Audiopraise board with spdif out for 8 channels of up to 24/192. Volume is handled in the TDAI's.

However neither the Oppo nor the board is available anymore. Good thing is I can still play files on the Oppo if the discdrive fails.

I really like the Action Movie voicing featuring the 6 dB to the lower domain.
What I lack a little in it is airiness in the upper frequencies, that high frequencies are more pronounced.
I would appreciate suggestions of improving this voicing according that.

In the Home Screen for the MP-60, I set the high end pass through filter at 4,500Hz/+3dB. This makes the voices clearer to understand while playing USA football games over cable via TiVO Bolt.

Last edited:
Not a voicing. In MP-60 Home screen, there are high and low pass filters one can vary the frequency and loudness.

Interesting; anyone know if the MP-50 has that?
1618003935647.png

Anyone with HDM ARCI issues here?
I have a Philips OLED 935 TV with 4 HDMI ARC ports. CEC (Linksys) enabled. Tried "stereo" and multichannel (bypass) on TV-settings. Worth nothing I have tried hard reset several times on both TV and TDAI 1120.

I wanted better sound than the soundbar itself, so I have spent a lot of time now trying to connect my Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 amp with my external CS-1 speakers

Issue nr 1 - HDMI connection:
HDMI1: TV -> Lyngdorf TDAI-1120
HDMI2: TV -> Apple TV 4k.
I have enabled Linksys and changed to "HDMI system" in the TV settings. For any reason I don't get any signal, so no sound at all. Sometimes I get sound, but it drops out after 1-2 seconds.

Issue nr 2 - Disable TV speaker/BW Soundbar:
Next I tried to connect an optical cable from the TV to TDAI-1120. At least I get sound from my external speakers now, but I can't use my TV remote/ Siri remote to adjust the volume.

So next I connect an HDMI cable from the TV to TDAI-1120 again. Optical for sound, and HDMI to connect TV to amp, in this way I now can adjust the volume using my TV remote/Siri remote again.
BUT: From time to time when adjusting the volume I also increase the volume on the TV speakers, so the sound will become muddy. While watching TV there is a autoswitch from time to time between Internal speakers and HDMI-system (AMP+external speakers) being enabled and disabled.

I have tried using a lot of different HDMi cables here at home. Audioquest Forest and Cinnamon + some HDMI 1.4 and 2.0 cables.

I have tried to connect KEF LS50wII directly to the HDMI port, then there are no issue.

So i am not sure if there is a software-problem with TV or TDAI 1120?..

Anyone with HDM ARCI issues here?
I have a Philips OLED 935 TV with 4 HDMI ARC ports. CEC (Linksys) enabled. Tried "stereo" and multichannel (bypass) on TV-settings. Worth nothing I have tried hard reset several times on both TV and TDAI 1120.

I wanted better sound than the soundbar itself, so I have spent a lot of time now trying to connect my Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 amp with my external CS-1 speakers

Issue nr 1 - HDMI connection:
HDMI1: TV -> Lyngdorf TDAI-1120
HDMI2: TV -> Apple TV 4k.
I have enabled Linksys and changed to "HDMI system" in the TV settings. For any reason I don't get any signal, so no sound at all. Sometimes I get sound, but it drops out after 1-2 seconds.

Issue nr 2 - Disable TV speaker/BW Soundbar:
Next I tried to connect an optical cable from the TV to TDAI-1120. At least I get sound from my external speakers now, but I can't use my TV remote/ Siri remote to adjust the volume.

So next I connect an HDMI cable from the TV to TDAI-1120 again. Optical for sound, and HDMI to connect TV to amp, in this way I now can adjust the volume using my TV remote/Siri remote again.
BUT: From time to time when adjusting the volume I also increase the volume on the TV speakers, so the sound will become muddy. While watching TV there is a autoswitch from time to time between Internal speakers and HDMI-system (AMP+external speakers) being enabled and disabled.

I have tried using a lot of different HDMi cables here at home. Audioquest Forest and Cinnamon + some HDMI 1.4 and 2.0 cables.

I have tried to connect KEF LS50wII directly to the HDMI port, then there are no issue.

So i am not sure if there is a software-problem with TV or TDAI 1120?..
I assume you have the HDMI CEC enabled on the 1120?

I only use arc very rarely, on occasion I have had to restart the TV to get sound, leaving the Lyngdorf on.

I assume you have the HDMI CEC enabled on the 1120?

I only use arc very rarely, on occasion I have had to restart the TV to get sound, leaving the Lyngdorf on.
Yes, it is enabled. Very strange.

Luckily I've solved this now. Running optical and Harmony remote. Can now adjust the volume with my Siri remote (mostly using Apple TV). I love my 1120 :)

Lyngdorfs BW2 and BW3 sound completely different depending on how they are being used.

In a Lyngdorf 2.2 system their internal filters are bypassed and they will be playing flat up to 800Hz. This produces the sound you’d expect from big floor standers but with better bass timing because of their placement. Try some drumming or music with good transients and they make for an incredible stereo………but they don’t sound like subs.

I have another pair of BW2’s being used in a surround system and here their internal filter is being used so they give the grunt and weight you expect from sub woofers. The bass in my lounge from this system is the best I’ve ever had and its from a pair of surprisingly small subs.

Boundary woofers are a new category of speaker and ideally you need to hear them used in both scenarios before making a judgement.

Please get in touch if you’d like to hear both options here…….they are amazing in both.

Hi. If I have 3 way floorstand speakers with decent bass with my Lyngdorf TDAI 1120, then I assume the fact that BW2 goes up to 800 hz is not useful anymore. In this case, does the BW2 have any advantages compared with other subwoofer (a REL T9i for example) if I only want to add a little more bass?
Thank you.

@Op7 HDMI CEC is a standard that was very carefully designed by Satan to be flaky and annoy users as you have discovered.

Live a more peaceful and fulfilling life by turning it off. :lesson:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom