Lyngdorf discussion

Great! can you please more specify on the method they are working for?
What the chance it is implemented in the MP-60?

Thanks
Yes there may be more channels coming in the future as content allows.

Yes there are more channels coming in the future but not for the current crop.

Don't need more channels, but more flexibility with the route of the current channels.
If something like that is going to implemented with the MP-60 it would be great to know.

ok thx.
Yes...,this was possible with my previous processor the Marantz AV8805.
Too bad this is not possible with this 3 times more expensive processor ...

It’s not those features that count but how it sounds. I rather have less features and better sound than the other way around.

It’s not those features that count but how it sounds. I rather have less features and better sound than the other way around.
Completely agree... and I am very happy with that, but it wouldn't hurt if they implemented this via firmware maybe they can also add a volume bar on the screen.
I can't imagine that these implations will damage the sound ;)

maybe they can also add a volume bar on the screen.

Currently this is something that cannot be done. It affects all HDMI 2.0b processors and is to do with Dolby Vision.

Currently this is something that cannot be done. It affects all HDMI 2.0b processors and is to do with Dolby Vision.
So that's the reason I had read something like this on another forum before...

What does the "Loudness Manachment" exactly do?
In the Home page of the web interface it can be turn On and Off.

What does the "Loudness Manachment" exactly do?
In the Home page of the web interface it can be turn On and Off.

It's a compressor to make all volume levels the same for watching late and not waking people up...

ok thanks... again learned something

George - sorry, has nothing to do with your post above, but I see you have an mp50 and apple tv 4k.

Do you have Netflix by any chance? and could you try a series with dolby atmos and let me know if mp50 recognizes dolby atmos as TrueHD and both red lights go on? HD Audio and Atmos.

Thanks
Not sure if this has been answered. I get just the one Dolby Atmos red light.

HD Audio does not light up, which would make sense as it is not HD.

So what does the HD Audio light signify, anything above 16/44kHz?

TrueHD or DTS-HD/MA

DD or DTS won't light up anything.

Last edited:
It also lights up when I play content through ATV 4K box, which I thought was PCM?

It also lights up when I play content through ATV 4K box, which I thought was PCM?

Only you'd know if it's PCM - I don't have anything being delivered that way, just all the regular codecs. Atmos will light up both HD and Atmos lights.

PCM wont light up anything, I have one PCM 5.1 movie.

Last edited:
I’ve done 100’s of RoomPerfect set up and adjusting the delay to the subs is critical, but beyond than I don’t think you need to do anything else.

Hi Rob

Can you tell me, please, what about compensating for the delay caused by the Lyngdorf itself?

I'm getting a TDAi and, besides using it for stereo music, it will be acting as the front L&R in a 5.1 AV set up. My Audiolab processor does no DSP at all (just speaker cross overs, volumes and distances), and I will be using the L&R pre outs from my Audiolab into the TDAi. Given that the TDAi will then do an A to D conversion, then apply its Room Perfect algorithm, and then filter the signal back to analogue at the speakers, will this not cause a delay and therefore a timing mismatch between the L&R channels and my centre&surround channels?

I'm thinking I should add some distance to the front L&R speakers, to compensate for this delay.

Does anyone have any advice please? How much of a time delay would the TDAi cause, and how does that convert into distance relative to the centre&surround channels? And which would be greater - the delay in the Lyngdorf, or the delay in my active subwoofer (BK XLS400)?

Thanks,

David.

I’ve done 100’s of RoomPerfect set up and adjusting the delay to the subs is critical, but beyond than I don’t think you need to anything else. I haven't with any of the 10 systems I have on demonstration here.

Do you mean adjusting delay between the different subwoofer in the set-up or between the subwoofers to the other speakers?

i wrote to Lyngdorf about that issue and they say it will be fixed in another update. So it is sometimes recognising dd+atmos as hd audio which is wrong. FYI..

i wrote to Lyngdorf about that issue and they say it will be fixed in another update. So it is sometimes recognising dd+atmos as hd audio which is wrong. FYI..
Makes sense. DD+ Atmos correctly doesn’t light up as HD Audio on Sky Atmos content. It does light up on Netflix/iTunes Atmos material as the TrueHD flag pops up when the audio locks on, which I was surprised at as I thought they also used a DD+ container.

Netflix use DD+ Atmos - I've never seen it say TrueHd ever. The ATV is just doing it a different way, hence both lights instead of just the Atmos one only.

Blu ray rips use TrueHd with Atmos meta - so you get both lights on.

DTSMA/HD and TrueHD you get HD audio light.

DTS/DD/PCM you get no lights.

All this over some fudgeing lights tho - really the only question should be does the wee atmos light come on when it's atmos? yes? right, great then.

Last edited:
Netflix use DD+ Atmos - I've never seen it say TrueHd ever. The ATV is just doing it a different way, hence both lights instead of just the Atmos one only.

Blu ray rips use TrueHd with Atmos meta - so you get both lights on.

DTSMA/HD and TrueHD you get HD audio light.

DTS/DD/PCM you get no lights.

All this over some fudgeing lights tho - really the only question should be does the wee atmos light come on when it's atmos? yes? right, great then.
Probably right, the ATV may well be doing something different with the way they decode to PCM, but it definitely triggers as True HD Atmos both from Netflix and iTunes content.

If Lyngdorf don't want pedantry talk about HD vs non-HD Audio, then maybe they should have just left the Atmos light on its own on the front display. 'HD Audio' is pretty meaningless anyway as it can be used and mis-used - I'm not saying Lyngdorf is trying to pull the wool, just trying to understand when/why it triggers.

Probably right, the ATV may well be doing something different with the way they decode to PCM, but it definitely triggers as True HD Atmos both from Netflix and iTunes content.

If Lyngdorf don't want pedantry talk about HD vs non-HD Audio, then maybe they should have just left the Atmos light on its own on the front display. 'HD Audio' is pretty meaningless anyway as it can be used and mis-used - I'm not saying Lyngdorf is trying to pull the wool, just trying to understand when/why it triggers.

Why tho? It's definitely right.

PCM shouldn't light up any codec based lighting as it doesn't carry any tags, hence no lights - that's how it is on my unit as shown by the one PCM 5.1 movie I own or any PCM 2.0 music or movies.

Atmos uses the True HD codec so it is True HD + Atmos = both lights, this is technically correct.

DD+ is not HD audio, we've already defined what that is (DTSMA/TrueHD etc) so when you use that you get the Atmos light only - again this is again technically correct.

If Apple use the True HD container with their Atmos, then you will get both lights lit.

The question you should be asking is "who is technically correct, Android or TVOS?"

Given the above, I fail to see how Lyngdorf are wrong here - I understand people are confused because they might think Atmos is a dedicated thing instead of an 'add on' to TrueHD but it's not. The display is lighting up what it is receiving, you only have to look at codec hierarchy to see why it is how it is.

I am not seeing the same on my MP-50.

I have Apple TV 4K but am running 3.0.9 firmware on my MP50, not the latest 3.9.0. (Maybe it's a bug change/bug in latest firmware?)

It never lights up HD Audio on Netflix or itunes. Atmos does light up. Interestingly on the Lyndorf iOS app it never shows any of the channels, just "TRUE HD ATMOS 0.0.0" which is a shame as for DD+ I get either 5.1 or 7.1. Based on @Rock Danger comments, the TRUE HD ATMOS is actually misleading as Atmos is separate?

Atmos is separate?

Atmos can never be separate as it piggybacks on TrueHD.

You have to be specific when you say Netflix or ITunes and TVOS or Android as app to app can vary in delivery method, including as you've pointed out the firmware.

On the MP60 as far as I'm concerned it is correct in what lights are being used - it may be different on the MP50 / 40.

The app is total gash, it's been rebuilt and not released for months now. I can't even get the .apk to beta test it for them. Bet you remember or would rather forget the Anthem app....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom