Lyngdorf discussion

Try splitting aux 3 and 4 into 1 cable and run it to the 3rd sub.
I cannot find a cable that would achieve above so could I run two separate XLR cables from Aux 3/4 into the RCA L&R inputs of the sub or would this cause issues.

Also would running from just Aux 3 into the sub give similar results?

You could get one made. I'm not sure in your second point as it might prevent roommperfect from running if there was no test tone from aux 4 for example.

Hello...,can I assign the triggers per source with in the mp60. I don't always want my 7 channel amp to turn on when listening stereo.
I saw something in the trigger setup but this for al sources and not particularly for one.

You can't adding them to one source only.. does any processor do that?

You could get one made. I'm not sure in your second point as it might prevent roommperfect from running if there was no test tone from aux 4 for example.
Just a caution to prevent expensive repair! You cannot just "join" the hot pins of the XLR source outputs of Aux3 and Aux4 together, that is a short circuit :) If you wanted to make such a cable it would have to include suitable resistors before the wires are "joined" on the source side. So a much better way to achieve this: If the third sub has stereo inputs you can connect Aux3 to the left input on the sub and Aux4 to right input on the sub. Then the sub has a circuit which sums the stereo input to mono, safely :)

You can't adding them to one source only.. does any processor do that?
ok thx.
Yes...,this was possible with my previous processor the Marantz AV8805.
Too bad this is not possible with this 3 times more expensive processor ...

I cannot find a cable that would achieve above so could I run two separate XLR cables from Aux 3/4 into the RCA L&R inputs of the sub or would this cause issues.

Yes the correct way to do this is to run two XLR-RCA cables into the sub.

Also would running from just Aux 3 into the sub give similar results?
No, Aux3 will only play the rear left bass-managed channels.

The alternative as you mentioned is to run the third sub as a dedicated LFE sub from the LFE output. But then the Aux1-2 subs will no longer receive the LFE. Whether that is a "problem" or a "benefit" depends on many things... I've tried Aux1+2 stereo front subs combined with 2 rear mono subs on the LFE (instead of using Aux 3-4). Worked very well in my case... it assumes of course that the LFE sub(s) have sufficient power/output since it will get no help from the front subs in that case...

Just a caution to prevent expensive repair! You cannot just "join" the hot pins of the XLR source outputs of Aux3 and Aux4 together, that is a short circuit :) If you wanted to make such a cable it would have to include suitable resistors before the wires are "joined" on the source side. So a much better way to achieve this: If the third sub has stereo inputs you can connect Aux3 to the left input on the sub and Aux4 to right input on the sub. Then the sub has a circuit which sums the stereo input to mono, safely :)
Thanks for the feedback, this sounds like a good way to achieve what I am after.

By connecting Aux3 to the left input on the sub and Aux4 to right input on the sub, will the Lyngdorf send there the LFE CH?
I thought that the LFE would only play if you connect to Mono input in the sub.

By connecting Aux3 to the left input on the sub and Aux4 to right input on the sub, will the Lyngdorf send there the LFE CH?
Yes with subs connected to Aux 1-4, and no dedicated LFE sub, the LFE channel will be distributed to all Aux outputs. Regardless of whether Aux3 and 4 are actually processed by the same physical sub.

Using this method my understanding it will get both below whatever the crossover Hz is set to + LFE as will the other 2x subs as connected same way.

Hi - presume you could do the same if you have one sub at the front (aux 1 & 2) and one sub at the rear (aux 3 & 4) - lots of cables but that’s about the only negative - george

Hi - presume you could do the same if you have one sub at the front (aux 1 & 2) and one sub at the rear (aux 3 & 4) - lots of cables but that’s about the only negative - george
Exactly....

But all my cables are already in so its easy for me to do it this way and will try setting it up like this then maybe add 3rd sub at some point.

seems yes, but then you do not have the benefit of stereo sub.

seems yes, but then you do not have the benefit of stereo sub.
yes you would lose this but maybe the bass balance in the room is better, as sub manufacturers claim subs in opposite corners works very well,.......anyway I will try both ways and leave the one that to my ears sounds the best, I could measure with REW and then go with the one that cards the best response but then your influenced by a set of numbers that might not always sound the best to your ears.

yes you would lose this but maybe the bass balance in the room is better, as sub manufacturers claim subs in opposite corners works very well

This balance can achieved by connecting 2 subs to the LFE input with a splitter cable.
The solution offered is to get both stereo sub from the 2 main along with LFE from the 3

Just a caution to prevent expensive repair! You cannot just "join" the hot pins of the XLR source outputs of Aux3 and Aux4 together, that is a short circuit :)

That's right, typing on my phone waiting to get seen by the dentist isn't one of my finest posting moments - I think you can wire it as one split cable tho without resistors. It's been a while since I've had to make cables up - other than my awesome 13A power cables.

I think adding an odd number of subs to a Lyngdorf maybe isn't the best idea if you like stereo subs but there are boxes and all kinds of toys for splitting LFE channels.

Lyngdorf are working on some more channel / more channel flexibility config for new and maybe existing units.

I have an MP50 and have previously ran dual subs into Aux 1 & 2 as stereo and ignored the LFE channel in setup understanding that the LFE will get evenly distributed into both subs.

If I add another sub at the rear should this be set up just for LFE only and would that then mean that the 2x front subs would not then receive LFE and only receive frequencies below 80Hz.

If set up like above in having effectively stereo bass at the front does this then not mean the advantage of having two subs with evening out the response is mitigated as they now are playing low frequency as left and right out of just one sub.......not sure if I have understood correctly how this actually works.

And ignoring all above would I not get a more even response in the room by setting all subs as LFE.

Any advice on best setup would be appreciated.

Thanks 🙏

I will be in touch - might treat myself whilst at home !

Lyngdorf are working on some more channel / more channel flexibility config for new and maybe existing units.

Is this any actual information you received or your assessment?
It would be great if they implement it on MP-60 and the channels are 1-16 so you can route whatever you want/need.

I am trying to update the firmware on my 2200 using the boot loader and the file:
TDAI2200_rel3_8-roomperfect.s19
The setup window says the file is OK, but when I click on 'Upload' I get the message on laptop of 'Not ready for Boot' and on the 2200 'Updating .... 0%'. Nothing further happens.

Help please!
I

Is this any actual information you received or your assessment?

No, it's not an assessment, if it was I would have led with "I think that.."

No, it's not an assessment, if it was I would have led with "I think that.."

Great! can you please more specify on the method they are working for?
What the chance it is implemented in the MP-60?

Thanks

I cannot, for I have leaked it on purpose and you now know as much as I do.

I am trying to update the firmware on my 2200 using the boot loader and the file:
TDAI2200_rel3_8-roomperfect.s19
The setup window says the file is OK, but when I click on 'Upload' I get the message on laptop of 'Not ready for Boot' and on the 2200 'Updating .... 0%'. Nothing further happens.

Help please!
I
A miracle has happened and I have solved the problem myself. The issue appears to have been that the exact order in the update process must be followed, and I may have done a step out of order. Anyway if you were going to reply you don't need to bother.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom