Lyngdorf discussion

Wow! Have fun and be prepared for amazing bass! Which crossover will you choose?
Not sure yet - nervous and excited to play with these subs. Never tried to integrate subwoofers before so it should be interesting! Glad I have RP to lean on and get me started.

I've tried at least 4 positions for my subs, and also my fronts moved a lot before, also I tried many crossovers and filters before I was satisfied with REW. After this I used RP: the less correction the better.

But yes, it's easy to create a decent setup, but time consuming to make it sound wonderfull.

Over the past decade I've set up a fair few Systems using RoomPerfect, and to be honest it's never taken months to get it right........I tend to base my set ups on what benefits RoomPerfect brings and not on the speakers/subs being used.....I think sometimes people think...."well they are £5k speakers and I want them to sound like £5K speakers".....this for me is why I think Lyngdorf doing their own speakers/subs is crucial.

It's not like being busy with it months every day. I created a setup, listened to it, did some measurements, refined the positions and filters and crossovers.. This takes an hour or 3 in total maybe. Then listen to it for a week or two weeks and try another setup. I had to try at least 10 setups or more before I finally found the right one.
Sometimes i waited for months before i was ready for another setup. But maybe I am slow, or maybe I am not satisfied easy. I do not know.

It's not like being busy with it months every day. I created a setup, listened to it, did some measurements, refined the positions and filters and crossovers.. This takes an hour or 3 in total maybe. Then listen to it for a week or two weeks and try another setup. I had to try at least 10 setups or more before I finally found the right one.
Sometimes i waited for months before i was ready for another setup. But maybe I am slow, or maybe I am not satisfied easy. I do not know.

It was by no means a criticism......

Hi everyone

I'm thinking of buying a Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 amplifier and wanted to hear owners' descriptions of the kind of sound this amplifier produces, especially compared to previous amplifiers you may have had.

Thanks for your replies in advance.

Hi everyone

I'm thinking of buying a Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 amplifier and wanted to hear owners' descriptions of the kind of sound this amplifier produces, especially compared to previous amplifiers you may have had.

If you would like a home dem please let me know.

Best regards

Rich

Latest reviews of the TDAI-2170

Home Theater Review’s “Best of 2016” Award

The Lyngdorf TDAI-2170 is one of the most unique designs that I have ever had the pleasure to experience…the sound was stunning, clear, and articulate, with fantastic soundstage and dynamics.”

What HiFi Russia

“Those who like to be immersed in listening will be absolutely thrilled—the most extensive and complex symphonies will completely steal the attention of the classical music lover.”

Qobuz

“The RoomPerfect [technology] commissioning in Focus Mode provides a significant—and dramatic—improvement, with a dense and rich sound image then forming between the speakers, as if they were suddenly close to one another. This is done in compliance with the music’s integrity and indeed far more convincingly than some other room correction systems.”

For the full reviews and the latest Lyngdorf news go to Awards and Review

Hi everyone

Hi folks,
...before I have purchased TDAI 2170, I have had Primare I30 amplifier (still one of the best integrated amps in its price range in my opinion). Primare is known for very clean, uncolored sound, excellent dynamics and timing, good imaging.

Basically, all those sound attributes you can find on Lyngdorf TDAI as well, but there is lot more under the hood. There is RoomPerfect, which in my case actually did perfect job in very problematic listening room (square floor plan). Another notable attribute is pitch dark silent background. You have to hear it on your own gear to realize how big impact it would have to overall clarity of final sound. Another way how TDAI could even further clarify sound of your audio equipment is bypassing DAC. If your source (CD, streamer) has digital output, go for it.

In my case everything is just better comparing to previous amp. Excellent dynamics and timing, imaging is superbly layered and focused with precision, neutral tonal balance.

And there is yet another advantage. With TDAI you get first class upgradable digital front end processor/ preamplifier. So you can add some high end power amp anytime, without loss of any benefits of true digital amp (room correction, full digital processing of any possible format).

I can only recommend it.

PS: Before I knew Lyngdorf TDAI, I had a tendency to describe the sound as an analog (good) or digital (bad). Now how can you describe “perfect analog sound” produced by true digital amplifier? :)

Last edited:
Exciting......
IMG_1481115904.518435.jpg
IMG_1481115924.528728.jpg
IMG_1481115937.967105.jpg

Any idea of pricing yet?

I've heard it would be around 400€ per speaker and 1100€ for the sub. Seems very reasonable.

And I'm still hoping for a surround version and I think in 2017 we may finally see this happening.

I had the NAD M3 before with Lyngdorf RP, and I prefer the TDAI2170. Better dynamics at least, amazing bas quality at low volumes.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom