Question Lx5090 Freeview not working fully

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by TVGirl, Jul 26, 2018.

1. TVGirl

TVGirl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Freeview in the living room stopped working -just a blank screen & no sound- so I thought “Aha, it needs simple retuning for new channel and channel changes”, which has happened in the past. I don’t watch Freeview much so I’m not sure when it stopped working. The TV (at the bottom of screen) says “Plasma Display This Channel is not in service”
    I did the retune and I stilll have no picture or sound on any Freeview channels. However I do have the Freeview epg!
    I looked at our 2nd Pioneer, a 428xd and it’s the same issue! The 2 TVs have separate feeds from the loft.
    Our Samsung in the kitchen has Freeview working normally and no retune needed. We use a magic eye system to feed sky & Freeview to the Samsung.
    Please could you give me some help about what I need to do to solve this issue? Is it an aerial issue? We are in Brighton, Patcham transmitter, if that is relevant. Or is it a tuner issue on the Pioneers?
    Many thanks for your advice.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,617
    Check whatever the two feeds go to in the loft, probably an aerial distribution amp.
    Try one of your non-working TV's on the kitchen aerial outlet.

3. TVGirl

TVGirl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, yes there is a distributor in the loft. I’ll get up there and check it for good connections as soon as it cools down enough to go up there!