LX 8000sa

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Colonel Burton, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Colonel Burton

Colonel Burton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi all, at the moment i have the philips lx 8000sa home cinema system but i`m thinking about upgrading (in time for when i purchase my plasma) just wondered if anyone has the Marantz 'Hollywood in a Box' and if so what do you think to it ie: what is the sound like (i`m not just paying for the name) as my current setup the speakers tend to sound tinny on some dvd`s i play and sometimes i can not adjust the center speaker enough with some films (maxed out at 6) just want to make sure i don`t have this with another system thanks for any info :)

2. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    i think there are a few threads about this now ! one below somethign like what can i get for £900

it is a very good system :thumbsup: i will be getting one very soon with a new plasma or projector

3. Colonel Burton

Colonel Burton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Thanks for the reply would really like to know just how good they are (as i`m eager to order :D ) is there no reviews or is it a new product as i`m having difficulty in finding info on the net :(

4. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Hi
    If you can get hold of last months dvd review mag issue 65 there is a two page spread on the hollywood system they gave it 5 out of 5 an excellent product.
    Cheers Gonzo.

5. Colonel Burton

Colonel Burton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Thanks gonzo i`ll see if the mrs can get hold of it has she runs a newsagents :) , have any of you guys had the same problems with as me with the sound in these all in one systems or is it a common thing with home cinema setups? cheers