LW26A33W +xbox HD?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Orgasmic Chilli, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Orgasmic Chilli

Orgasmic Chilli

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello!

I'm new but noticed this is the place to be if a question needed to be asked. My dad recently bought the Samsung LW26A33W LCD tv. I told them the Sharp is the best because it is true 16:9 instead of 15:9 like the sammy. But he didn't mind and design was very important and to be honest the Samsung has the best design in its class.

I've just realised the Samsung has a DVI-D input and no Component input. Damn! because I wanted to see how the xbox would play in High Definition (720p or 1080i). Any ideas if there is any possibility to get my xbox to work in High Definition via the DVI-D input. any help is greatly appreciated

2. ccparkhill

ccparkhill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    The Xbox cannot output a digital signal, you could get an X2VGA to connect to the VGA port. I think a PAL Xbox needs to be chipped in order to display HD resolutions though.

3. Orgasmic Chilli

Orgasmic Chilli

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    don't worry about it being chipped, it is my full multimedia centre at the moment. (besides my hi-fi seperates). indeed it seems x2vga is the way to go