Luxor 32" 720p HD Ready LCD TV usb hdd problems

d0uga1

Standard Member
hi my mate bought one of these from asda for £199 last monday so i went round to have a look and i took a usb pen drive with a sample of jackass 3 to check out the usb movie playback functionality and it played the movie in .avi format.

so i took a seagate usb hdd from him and ripped all my dvd collection onto it in the same format as the jackass3 sample avi.

i ended up put just over 50 videos onto the hdd which has 2 partitions of 250gb. one of these is set as ntfs (same as my usb pen drive) with the 50+ videos on it and another is formated to wbfs for his wii backups.

now the problem we have is that when he plugs the usb hdd into his tv it switches the tv to usb mode and then states that the usb drive is not compatable. i need to know if anyone can help decipher wether its the fact that the tv is recognising the hdd wbfs partition as the primary and therfore not showing the ntfs partition or that the usb hdd just isnt compatable with the tv (with it being a seagate usb hdd i would think that its quite a standard hdd and would be one of the more compatable usb hdd on the market).

any ideas from you would be appreiciated.

thankyou.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom