lutron heating interface

callumm44

Standard Member
Hey all,

Any one have any good ideas on interfacing lutron homeworks with a domestic heating system, i.e opening zone valves, starting circulating pump, firing up boiler etc.

I know lutron have released a nice honeywell touch screen panel in the US but there seems no sign of it reaching us any time soon. is anything similiar people are using that works well

thanks in advance

101music

Lutron: no haven't integrated before, although it shouldn't be that hard if the heating only requires a relay closure to switch on. Tend to use a control system for heating, makes more sense usually.

callumm44

Standard Member
turning it on via relays etc wouldnt be too much bother its just figuring out a set up that's easily configurable by the end user. I could set it up using homeworks' clock to turn the heating on at set times but that's not great as the customer can't adjust these times via the homeworks programme.

when you say control system for the heating do you mean just conventional room stats and programmers.

Thanks

neilball

What benefit do you see in having direct control of heating via Lutron? Are you looking for less wall clutter or a unified user interface? Do you expect to have improved control - room zoning or improved comfort/temperature accuracy or better looking room temperature measurement?

Most of these features require use of a dedicated heating control system which can be integrated to Lutron via a separate control layer managing the systems through in-wall or wireless keypads/touchscreens or smartphone apps/web browser.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom