Luther: The Fallen Sun (Netflix 10 March)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Series creator Neil Cross has confirmed that he has completed a screenplay for the prequel Luther film and hopes to begin filming it next year.
"It will follow Luther's career in the earlier days, when he is still married to Zoe, and the final scene in the film is the first of the initial TV series".

Idris Elba is said to be on board to reprise his role as John Luther, with supporting characters Justin Ripley (Warren Brown), Luther's wife Zoe (Indira Varma) and DCI Ian Reed (Steve Mackintosh) also expected to feature.

Cross explained that the reason he chose to develop a prequel was to bring back these popular supporting characters.

Ruth Wilson's Alice Morgan will not feature in the proposed film, but the BBC is believed to have expressed interest in a solo series based on the character.

BBC News - Idris Elba's Luther heads to the big screen

Couldn't see an existing thread for this, so thought it high time it got one in light of the recent update. This has long been rumoured and touted, but it finally looks like it might just happen. I'm totally onboard so long as they find room for Ruth Wilson to do her thing as the wonderfully unhinged Alice.
Writer/creator Neil Cross is working on the script, Idris Elba is attached (obviously)and the upcoming fifth series is designed to segue directly into the movie. Good stuff.

The "Luther" Movie Is Getting Serious - Dark Horizons

done

I'll watch tonight's finale to see how things pan out, but on the basis of a very weak (not to mention VERY silly) season 5, my interest in this just nosedived...

Filming starts in September -

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom