Lunatics!

Discussion in 'Motoring' started by Rasczak, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,599
    I nearly died today. I was driving along a major A road near Loch Lommand (near Glasgow) and was following another car a comfortable (and safe) breaking distance away. I was doing between 50-55 mph in a 60mph zone.

A middle aged woman driving some type of large Black people carrier was at a T junction that intersected the main A road. She was waiting to turn right.

The car in front of me drove past her - I was about two seconds behind doing 50mph with headlights on and in a direct line of sight - and she f***ing pulled out. :mad: I slammed on my brakes, she did the same and stopped in the middle of the road. By shear luck there was no traffic coming the other way so I went onto the other side of the road and stopped a few metres past this woman. The car behind me swerved left off the road and into a ditch.

With my tires smoking, the car behind me wrecked and this woman in the middle of the blooming A road - she wound down her Window, made some sort of gesture at me and drove off! :eek:

Why in God's name are people like that allowed to drive? If, by any chance, she is reading this can I just pass a heartfelt message:

*** LEARN TO DRIVE!!!

Thank you for listening!

2. shahedz

shahedz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,718
    did you get her license plate?

3. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,599
    Unfortunately not - by the time I thought of it she was driving off and I considered it my priority to check the driver who crashed was OK.