Question Lumix Gx7 prime lens problem

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by mummeryc, Jun 12, 2015.

1. mummeryc

mummeryc
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi. Anyone had a problem with 20mm pancake lens that comes with the Lumix? It was working fine. Then while on holiday every image seems totally over exposed in the viewer. Tried every setting and mode. Same result. Strange thing is as the light reduces in the evening it will just about behave. I am restricted to using my other lens 45-150. Having to be creative!! This lens works perfectly. All advice much appreciated.

2. twist

twist
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,013
    Sounds like sticking aperture blades, first thing to try is cleaning the electric contacts on the lens with a rubber/eraser. Then do a camera reset and battery pull for 5 mins or so. As the other lens works okay its the only things I can think of.

Post a pic to check EXIF, you may just be hitting the SS limit which makes sense if youre shooting in bright light and its okay at night. It may not be stopping down which also suggests aperture blades.

3. mummeryc

mummeryc
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks TWIST for the reply. I gave the contacts on the lens a rub with a cloth and gently did same on camera then did a reset. Tried a couple of shots this morning and so far so good. I will try again later when sun is fully up and keep fingers crossed. Many thanks.