lumines ~ not getting anywhere!?

peteyoung

Standard Member
Reaction score
hey,
ive played lumines a few times but i can never get any new skins, although my high score is just over 8k! lol is that the reason why? just if so i think il have 2 trade it in!
lol btw i made this thread on my psp!!! hehe

Stick with it - it'll take a good few hours of play to get the hang of it - or it did for me at least.

Head over to gamefaqs.com and read a lumines FAQ. I found upon reading one of those I had a much better understanding of the game mechanics - i.e the blocks that have 3 colours the same in an L shape have a very useful purpose in the game!

Excellent game once you get the hang of it

Great game - I've just had my 3rd go and it was my best yet - 13,103

The game loads with the Shinin' skin and I just got 2 more skins in that last go: Urbanisation and Round About - then I died, maybe reading the little book that came with the game will help!

defo stick with it, you will be getting 8k in about 8 turns soon. Ive had the Jap one since march and the songs get better all the way through. Be warned though, you will start dreaming about sqaures, you will see squares everywhere. And you will also lose days, its also a great game to take out with you, i got to Paris and back with plenty to spare. You will soon be playing it for about 1 hour without stopping. Trust me its a great game

Another 2 skins making 5, and a top score of 24,000 - this is THE most addictive game since I used to miss lectures during my first year of University in 1992 while playing Tetris on my first ever Gameboy!

The songs and visuals are amazing and the gameplay is so smooth - life before Lumines seems so dull now!

eight go and got a score of 38,000. I can see bricks falling everywhere now :eek:

The trick to getting points is twofold. Clearing everything which gives you an easy 10k and clearing a colour completely which gives you 1k. You can get 50k points in the first level if you do it right. :) Don't just drop the blocks. Pay attention to the sweeper moving from left to right. You'll have to time it right to get the points. Good luck!

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom