• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Lumines Live and more release dates

avolee

september 6th for this title, and in the meantime....

09 August: Pac-Man

16 August: Texas Hold 'Em

23 August: Time Pilot

30 August: Scramble

06 September: Lumines Live!

just thought i`d let you all know.:smashin:

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Hey, scrable could be good over live, although my spelling is terrible!

This thread should really be in the Live Arcade Club section BTW, will probably get moved my a Mod I expect incase you wonder why it dissapears;)

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Munkey Boy said:
No idea if that was a deliberate play on words, but it says Scramble in the first post, not Scrabble! :rotfl: Saying that, Scrabble would do well wouldn't it?

:rotfl: Mind you my spelling of "scrable" wasn't much better(just proves my point about my spelling). But yeah, it'd be a good chilled out game over Live, haven't played it in years!

Kazman

Battleships would rock :D

Connect 4 :eek:!!

avolee

sorry if i put it in the the wrong forum, i just thought that with the amount of people waiting for news, more may notice it in the games forum.
anyway, onward and upward.

NackNack

Banned
!!! I cannnnn't wait for Texas Hold Em next week, and ESPECIALLY Lumines!

I absolutely can't believe how much they've gotten their fingers out and have loads of release dates. :D

bishman

Have people really not heard of Scramble before?

Even if they haven't I'm sure most old time gamers would have played one of the clones on the C64 or Spectrum. I remember spending much time playing Ground Attack on my mates Spectrum which I remember as a half decent clone, although it was probably rubbish.

Scramble is a side scrolling shooter and is significant because it later evolved into what we now know as Gradius. In fact, Konami even refer to it now as the first game in the series. That doesn't mean that you should go expecting a Gradius type game with power ups etc. but it is a side scrolling shooter.

To give you some idea Supersaiyan4 would say it's rubbish ;).

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=S&game_id=9447

Noggins link didn't seem to work as the last bracket doesn't appear to be part of the link text but here it is again:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scramble_(arcade_game)

dodger747

I haven't played this but I loved Gradius so I wouldn't mind a trip into the past for the series...:thumbsup:

RidleyDeckard

Apparently those dates from OXM and Microsoft have confirmed they are incorrect, but official dates we be announced in the next week or so, presumable some time after tomorrow when Pacman, the last title in the release schedule is released.

bishman

dodger747 said:
I haven't played this but I loved Gradius so I wouldn't mind a trip into the past for the series...:thumbsup:
If you haven't played it, I'd definately recommend the demo first. I'll be buying it straight away though. :D

Markoos

Sounds interesting. Whilst I wasn't massively taken with Galaga, I do love scrolling shooters.

Also, do we know whether Texas will be free or not yet?

bishman

Markoos said:
Sounds interesting. Whilst I wasn't massively taken with Galaga, I do love scrolling shooters.
You must have had a little soft spot for Galaga, you've got the ship as your gamerpic!

Markoos

bishman said:
You must have had a little soft spot for Galaga, you've got the ship as your gamerpic!

lol yeah, realised after I posted that it must look a little odd. I think with me it's a case of the memory and concept of Galaga being better than playing it now. If that makes any sense :rolleyes:

I think more than anything that it's just whet my appetite for some more recent scrolling shooters.

bishman

Markoos said:
lol yeah, realised after I posted that it must look a little odd. I think with me it's a case of the memory and concept of Galaga being better than playing it now. If that makes any sense :rolleyes:

I think more than anything that it's just whet my appetite for some more recent scrolling shooters.
I understand what you're saying. I had exactly the same experience with Gauntlet. What at the time was a thoroughly enjoyable multi-player romp now just seems shallow and boring to me.

As for your thirst for scrolling shooters, I'm not convinced that Scramble is going to fit the bill. :D

Markoos

bishman said:
I understand what you're saying. I had exactly the same experience with Gauntlet. What at the time was a thoroughly enjoyable multi-player romp now just seems shallow and boring to me.

As for your thirst for scrolling shooters, I'm not convinced that Scramble is going to fit the bill. :D

Hehe, possibly not. It's all just a step closer to Ikaruga on XBL however ;)

bishman

Markoos said:
Hehe, possibly not. It's all just a step closer to Ikaruga on XBL however ;)
The tiniest little pigeon step. :rotfl:

Ikaruga though, what a game. With that and Resi 4 the Cube could have cost more than a PS3 and I'd still have thought it value for money.

Markoos

That and Mars Matrix (which I think has only ever made it to the Dreamcast on consoles and even then not over here) are my two favourite top down shooters. I know they'll almost certainly never come to XBLA, but a man can dream... *sighs* :rolleyes:

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Looking forward to Lumines Live - hope it has more shorter gameplay sessions (like the Mobile version) rather than the PSP structure which meant games went on forever!

RidleyDeckard

I have agree, I had it on my mobile and was so impressed I bought it for the PSP, but hated the way in which you had to go all the way from the start to earn extra levels. From what I hear the XBLA version will be exactly the same as the PSP Lumines 2 which is about to be released, so it has various modes making it more like the mobile version.

BananaTiger

bishman said:
Ikaruga though, what a game. With that and Resi 4 the Cube could have cost more than a PS3 and I'd still have thought it value for money.

Ikaruga was a fantastic game on the Dreamcast. Never got round to getting it for the GC. Ah the memories ... I miss that little machine. Some great titles ... Skies of Arcadia, Chu Chu Rocket .... hey come to the think of it, Chu Chu Rocket would be a good one for live!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom