1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lumagen visionpro - what's the difference?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Polecatpete, Aug 13, 2005.

1. Polecatpete

Polecatpete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi everyone, sorry for the dumb question but I was thinking of expanding into the world of scalers and have found a second hand VisionPro SDI for sale. I was just wondering, what's the difference between this and the VisionPro HDP?

I was originally aiming for the Vision HDP but if the SDI is as good/still supported with firmware updates etc, I might as well opt for the cheaper option!

Any help or links to reviews/specs etc would be gratefully received. I checked the Lumagen website but could only find the current models...

Thanks very much :)

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +894
    Hi

I own a Lumagen Vision Pro SDI and it's an excellent scaler but it's reached the end of life in terms of updates etc. The newer units have more potent processing, can process HD signals and also have DVI etc. The older units can only scale 480i/576i sources.

All depends what you want really but the new units are futureproofed.

3. Polecatpete

Polecatpete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks Jase, I managed to find some info on the net (just after I posted that I couldn't :rolleyes: ) - I think the Pro SDI would do all I need it to do but as you say, the HDP is future proof... Hmmm, I think maybe I should save a bit longer...