1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lumagen Vision/Pioneer 503mxe & HD TV

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by sticker, Nov 27, 2004.

1. sticker

sticker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I have a Lumagen Vision, Pioneer 503MXE and a LG LST4100P high definition box amongst other things and I seem to be having and issue with the 3 at high resolutions (576P, 720p & 1080i).
    The STB is at the mo connected via component to my Arcam AV8 for video switching purposes and the component output of the AV8 to the Lumagen. The Lumagen the uses a 15 pin output to a Pioneer 503MXE.

Now to the problem. On the LG you can select the output 576i, 576p, 720p or 1080i. If I select the 576i I get a picture fine, but any of the other outputs I get a fuzzy green or pink output on the plasma. Now I'm assuming that the Lumagen needs some settings changed? if so what are they?

Regards
    John

PS I don't know if this is related but if I connect DVI from the LG directly to the Pioneer I get an "out of range" message from the Pio on all outputs bar 576i. This doesn't give me the error message, just no picture

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,808
    The Lumagen Vision only accepts SD inputs on component. It is an SD processor not ED or HD. You should send the HD or ED output of the box through the PC pass through sockets or just direct to the plasma. You may want to check the specs of the plasma to see whether it accepts 1080i/720p@50Hz. We know it accepts 1080I at 60 as I did that at yours in England didn't I?

Gordon

3. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +282
    John,

The 503MXE DVI won't accept video resolutions - only computer resolutions I'm afraid. You would need to change the standard PDA-5002 card with one of Aurora's A304-HDCP cards. Hope this helps.

Steve

4. sticker

sticker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the help guys, I'm just about to connect the HD box directly to the pio via the component out to see what happens.
    I take it with the Aurora card that its still not out yet?
    Also is this an issue (DVI) with the 50MX1?

Regards
    John

5. sticker

sticker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK tried the component directly to the Pio and success..............nearly. I can get 576i, 576p, 1080i. 1080i looks very good but I'm wondering if 720p would give better results. Unfortunately when you select that option the picture only takes up around 1/2 of the screen and it is in the top left hand side and pretty fuzzy :(

Regards
    John