Lumagen Vision DVI and Pioneer 435 XDE

damo_in_sale

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi chaps,

I am due to have a demo of the Lumagen in a few weeks and I wondered if anybody on this forum has this display and video processor combination and how they find it.

In particular, I would like to know if the best way to connect the panel is via the PC input on the front of the media box and if this can achieve a 1:1 pixel match at 1024 x 768. I would presume this would be the best option for non HDCP material, am I mistaken?

Kind regards,

Damian

damo_in_sale said:
Hi chaps,

I am due to have a demo of the Lumagen in a few weeks and I wondered if anybody on this forum has this display and video processor combination and how they find it.

In particular, I would like to know if the best way to connect the panel is via the PC input on the front of the media box and if this can achieve a 1:1 pixel match at 1024 x 768. I would presume this would be the best option for non HDCP material, am I mistaken?

Kind regards,

Damian

I've got mine connected to the media box with an HDMI cable and DVI adaptor with superb results. Do get the lot ISF calibrated. Well worth it.

Hello Damo in Sale

Best to do as Eitzel has done and Output 720P from the Lumagen on DVI into the HDMI Input on the Media Box.

If you Output an Analogue 1024x768P RGBHV signal into the HD15 (VGA) socket on the Media Box you end up with odd tears happening on vertical camera movement - if you have the option try both but usually I find the HDMI Input works best.

Best regards

Joe

Thanks chaps, very kind of you to reply.

Do you still get a 'juddering' on slow pans or is this eliminated by the Lumagen? I currently see this on all sources really, including my Pioneer DV 868.

Cheers,

Damo

The new "Genlock" feature on the Lumagen sorts all that out. I don't get any problems with judder anymore.

I've been having a look at some of ISCAN stuff. The VP30 can be had for about £1300 and it has 4 hdmi inputs, whereas the lumagens only have 2 DVI.
I suppose that if I'm spending serious money on a scaler then I want one that will last me comfortably 5 years. Is the VP30 then a better option for future proofing than the Lumagen DVI or HDP?

Thanks,

Damo

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom