1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lumagen Vision and picture problems

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by cutes6, Jun 12, 2004.

1. cutes6

cutes6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I have been getting this problem recently when watching Sky.

It seems that when there are 2 segments of film joined together i.e. during adverts or when a live show switches between cameras that my Vision struggles to lock onto the picture and the picture starts to judder badly and flicker or as seems to be happening more and more that the vision looses the picture all together and the screen goes black and the message - no signal on input A - comes up.

After a couple of seconds the picture comes up and is stable.

This is obviously not good and wondered if anyone had any advice as to what I could do or check, thanks

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,781
    Can you tell me how the sources are connected to the scaler, what firmware revision you have in scaler and also whether it's possible to try alternate signal format types to the scaler for the problem source. ie composite, s-video or RGBtoComponent conversion.

Gordon

3. cutes6

cutes6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi Gordon,

I have the latest firmware 020904 and all my sources are connected by Svideo connection going from the sky unit to my Tag av32r to the scaler and then the NEC projector. It's running at 768p at 50 hrtz, one thing I have tried is another input on the Tag and now it's almost cured :confused: now and then on camera switches I can get a juddering for a second or so and then it's perfect. I have tried plain old composite and this seemed to be ok although I didn't run it for long.

I am confused as to why changing from my svideo input for satallite to the vcr one on my Tag has helped.

I can live with it as it is but it seems strange no one else mentions this juddering problem. It only occours with sky, my dvd seems fine.

Any advice will be most welcome

4. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,781
    I htink the reason no-one else is complaining about this is that no-one else has this issue. It's ccertainly not one I've come across.

I wonder if it's some sort of electrical issue causing a problem. Try going straight to the scaler missing the AV32R out completely. Also if you have another s-video lead try that.

Gordon

5. cutes6

cutes6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Gordon, thanks again for your reply -

I have changed job circumstances recently which requires me to be away for most of the week so I will not be able to try these things until next weekend - but I will report back when I have, thanks

6. cutes6

cutes6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Gordon, I have tried swapping the leads and going straight from the Sky box into the Lumegan unfortunately the problem is still there. When there is a camera switch on a programme ie the football last night then occasionaly the picture gets a bit juddery and after a second or so it's fine, sometimes it does not happen for ages and the picture is perfect.

I am lost on this one - any further ideas please

7. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,781
    Strange.....I am sure this is an electrical thing related to your Skybox. If DVD is fine through s-video and Sky is fine through composite then it must be something to do with the Y channel of the s-video I think.....Do you have another s-video lead to try? One with seperate earths for Y and C sides? If this doesn't cure it you can send it to me to check and repair if there's a fault. Best to do it when you think you'll be away for a holiday or something seeing as you feel you can live with it just now.

Gordon