1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lumagen Scaler for my Panny 700 help!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Murray, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Murray

Murray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I want to get a Lumagen to correct the fixed aspect ratio problem you get when playing 720P DVD's when playing through HDMI.
    :lease:
    If I was to get the Vision DVI, would I imput into the lumagen in Component from my DV-868AVi and then to the Panasonic700 in DVI?
    Or do I go from the the Player out into the Lumagen in DVI and then to the projector in DVI?

(Im calling everything DVI but would be using connectors as you know some of the products are HDMI)

You say I must come out of the player in 480i or 576i so the lumagen does all the scaling,is that best?

Also will it do all the PAL/NTSC conversion automatically as I use both formats.

Will this whole setup fix the problems you fing with most DVD's not fitting to the borders of the 16.9 masking, when playing DVD's on 720p or 1080i?

I find the DVD's look much better if you play them in 720p or 1080i but I hate them not fitting the borders of my screen!!!

Will I be able to make just the ONE only adjustment for the sizing and then just leave it at that, and only changing the ratios for 4.3, 16.9 and letterbox?

Will the image be just as good as I now have without the scaler? I have read that they can make the image a bit soft?

God I hope this machine would fix this problem as I hate it the way it now is!

Why dont the players or the projectors have the facility to size the image correctly on HDMI/DVI like they do when on component?

Thank you so much for your help to date and one day i hope that I can return the favour.
    Thats if all this fixes the problem!!! (JOKE!)

I hope I know the correct model to order as they would have to get one in from Australia for me.

Is the picture quality not as good if you do all this from a model that doesnt have DVI? (cheaper model)