Lumagen Pro no audio with 4K devices

MyronAub

My 4K Denon amp developed a fault so I have temporarily swapped back in my non-4K Sony STR-DA5800ES amp. All my sources feed into a Lumagen Radiance Pro 4242+ which as usual feeds the audio to the amp and the video to the 4K projector.

My non-4K Sky HD box still works fine with the Lumagen sending audio to the replacement amp the same as it always has. However both my 4K Nvidia Shield Pro and 4K Blu-ray player don't appear to be sending any audio to the amp via the Lumagen.

Is this a HDCP issue? Or does anyone have any ideas on what the problem might be? I am wary of blindly making changes to the Lumagen settings in case I mess anything up for when the 4K Denon is back.

Gordon @ Convergent AV

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
You need to make sure that output going to the receiver is set to A for AUDIO not B for both audio and video...Try that.

MENU>OUT>OK and then on the large OSD you will see at right hand side it'll say OUT 1 AND 2 and will have a B or V or A under each. You want to change it so that for ALL inputs and ALL resolutions and ALL memories the OUTPUT feeding the Receiver is at A.... Oonce done select MENU>SAVE>SAVE>SAVE to make it stick

MyronAub

Many thanks, Gordon. Yes, that was it; changing the feed to the amp to Audio only (A) fixed the problem, all now working again. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom