Lumagen HDP & Postive/Negative Sync control

audimushroom

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have a had a search and cannot find this out so here goes..

I have several sources to my HDP and have been using the RGBHV outputs to my barco 808 Port 5 at 720p 72hz no problem..

I now wish to use HDCP sources so needed a solution, So I bought the HDFury and if I fit that to the End of the DVI cable and then port 5 I get no picture at all from the Lumagen, no inbuilt menus, nothing!

The HDFury has a blue light confirmation of HDCP handshake.

I have learnt that some Barco's require negative sync and this comes from the source, my source being the Lumagen, so why does it work with RGBHV output and not DVI output ?

is it possible to set the Sync polarity on the Lumagen(I am using latest FW) ?

if so how?

You can set the polarity in the OUTPUT menu of the scaler.

Gordon

Ok where? I don't see a sync option at all from the OUT MISC menu, I'm currently connected via the RGBHV so I can check what the polarity is from this output when it works with the PJ.

If I Connect via DVI I do get a sync option but setting it negative does not make a difference to my problem still no output, so I need to know what the RGBHV is doing because that works...

How do I do this?

I have seen that option is supposed to be there, I got the new manual because mine is the original and the sync option was not in it...its is there in the new one off the MISC menu...

I have tried service mode and it does not make it appear...

Page 31 of the manual, available here
http://www.lumagen.com/docs/VisionHDP_User_Man_3-13-07.pdf

Shows the submenu where sync is adjustable.
You should stick latest firmware in if you haven't already.
Do you ahve confirmation that this indevice accepts 720@72Hz?

Gordon

Thank you I found that, so I can only set the DVI from the menu and not find out what the Analog is set to?

The Barco PJ will accept 720p at 72hz because that is what is working via the RGBHV from the BNC's its when I switch to use the DVI that I get no picture.

I know the DVI is working because if I connect it to my TV I get a picture, thats how I made the polarity switch, however it does not actually work with PJ, not sure if this is the Lumagen but at present i don't understand why it works with the RGBHV bncs but not through the DVI and HDFury, also I now have the negative set and I've tried all the combinations or V and H and nothing not a flicker... Yet switch back to RGBHV and all ok again...

HDFury proven it outputs something by using a DVD Player direct into it and the PC input of my TV, that will only display 480p but it proved the output... worked with something.

I have now found out how to display the Analog Polarity Status and it is H- V- which is useful to know but setting the DVI to the same and outputting this through the HDfury gives no picture....

Hello Gordon

HDFury is an external DVI IN>VGA Out HDCP stripper in the form of a non powered 'Dongle'.

There are three versions of the Dongle - you require the 'Red' unit for Barco Projectors using Input 03 on the Barco and the 'Green' unit for the 5BNC Input on the Barco.

The specs are a bit woolly (as you would expect for thus type of product:)) - this seems to be what it can accept on its Input side; HDTV ready (480p/576p/720p/1080i/1080p48/50/60 compatible)

Joe

So the res and refresh rate isn't listed as being supported by the product? Perhaps it's worth contacting the manufacturer to see if it will work.

I put a greg eissman dvi board in a clients 1209 last weekend and it supports everything under the sun it seems.

Gordon

Ok the HDFury works with any resolution because it passes it through unchanged, no change in polarity or any processing. It is an external unit.

It is well known to work well in barco configurations, although many don't have a Lumagen to alter the sync.

OK so do you know someone who has your chosen res and refresh working through the device or is that what you mean by Barco configurations?

Do you have any other device you can try through the Fury because right now you have proven that the Lumagen works in to a compliant TV and direct to your PJ but when you put the other box in line you don't get a picture. If you can confirm that the Fury works with aother source then it's easier to go forward trying to work out how to resolve the issue.

Gordon

Ok I've read on the forums that my chosen refresh works through the HDFury, I have tried both 720p 60hz and 720p 60hz, no picture...

What i have tried is a DVD player, a Denon 1920 into my TV through the HDFury and then into VGA PC input and that displays at 480p no problem, so i know the hDFury can output something, however if I replace my TV with the Barco PJ I get no picture....

OK I have a different cable because the devices are at different ends of the room, I can try just the Lumagen only through the short cable into the PJ, that would eliminate the longer cable, however that longer cable has been proven good on other equipment before.

I can try the Lumagen through Fury to the TV at 480p a bit later tonight.

I had tried the DVD player on the same short cable through the HDFury to the PJ but I'm unsure of the sync status of a Denon DVD 1920 DVD player, I would guess it may not be V-, H-... I did'nt get a picture...

Ok two tests done...

Lumagen DVI into HD Fury and into my TV using short DVI Cable and yes I get a picture and I upped the res to 720p at 60hz worked just fine....
HDFury VGA output plugs straight into TV VGA port

Lumagen DVI into HDFury and into the PJ using short DVI cable and no picture...

So from this we know the HD Fury is working because a Digital Input is being turned into an Analog one and displayed by the TV at different resolutions.

So the problem is certainly Barco Port 5 related or the short VGA to 5 BNC for the port 5 input is open circuit or has an internal short, it is a moulded cable... thinking though even if there was cable fault I should get something surely?

any other thoughts ?

Well I'm at a bit of a loss as well. We know that the fury and the Lumagen both function correctly. The Lumagen doesn't know what is attached to the back of the fury o sit can't be altering how it is outputting based on that info. That leaves the cable and the projector. The projectors port works with signal direct from scaler. So that leaves the breakout cable. Not getting anything on the pj would suggest a sync issue as you say. Isit possible to get another cable to try?

Gordon

Negative sync to PJ is required I believe.
Have you tried port 3, which isn't fussy about sync polarity.

Negative sync to PJ is required I believe.
Have you tried port 3, which isn't fussy about sync polarity.

Yes as stated earlier in this thread I have tried H- V- from the Lumagen and still no picture, so ....

Need cable to try port 3, one is on order. but why would that be different if I use H- V- on port 5?

Resolved, got the red cable today and that works great so..

HDFury and port 5 on a Barco don't work for everyone

HDFury and 25ft DVI cable and Port 3 works great

Sharper than RGBHV into port 5

Working great with SkyHD...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom