1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lumagen DVI Rev 101804

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Fidelio, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Fidelio

Fidelio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Following regular monitoring of the Lumagen site I note the latest update states HDCP support has now been enabled.

Can anyone advise if they have tried it with the Panny SD and HD models and if its compatable with the 'fussy' DVI input board. Are we getting close to seeing a digital input rather than analogue?

Also with the imminent release of the HD7 would I be better opting for the DVI or HDMI input board to be driven by the Lumagen DVI?

Fidelio :blush:

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    I'll try it later. Even the previous firmwares work with the DVI board (at the resolutions and refresh rates Panasonc advise are supported) if you use the correct timings. These are available to Lumagen owners in UK through the dealers and myself.

I'll check the HDCP stuff later tonight or early tomorrow hopefully.

Gordon

3. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    I am getting input from Arcam DV79 then output at 576P@50H to my plasma. There are some issues but these look to be ArcamtoDVI related rather than DVI to plasma. More as it happens.

Gordon