1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lumagen dosnt like Tag?

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by Thunder, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I find that upon powering up my system the on screen Tag logo and screen saver jump around blocking up with digital noise :confused: After I have played a DVD and then stopped it, its fine and the TMA logo and screen saver is stable. Anybody got any ideas as to what is happening? :)

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,808
    If you switch inputs off the tag logo one and back does it lock on?
    What is the TAG video output set to? IE can t be set to PAL or NTSC?
    What Input on the scaler?
    What firmware level on scaler?

Might be an idea to continue this on the Lumagen support forum then post the end result here.

GORDON

3. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi Gordon have already e-mailed Lumagen but they are a bit stumped.

-Havnt tried switching inputs, have tried switching between PAL/NTSC but it makes no difference.

-Im using the component input 3, although it dosnt exhibit the fault when using the S-vid input

-The firmware is the pen ultimate one, as I have posted in the scaling section of the forum I cant get the latest version to update :confused:

I might just leave it till you come over to ISF me and perhaps we can sort it out while your over :)

4. cbemoore

cbemoore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I had the exact same problem with my AV32R and PW6 plasma.

The On Screen Display on my TAG was set to output PAL (see the "Display / On Screen Display" setting), and my screen was set to "Auto".

For some reason, when the screen starts up it can autodetect the signal type immediately if I input a normal picture, but the TAG OSD causes it to jump around and flicker like mad for 30 seconds or so before it finally decides to use the PAL setting.

Setting my screen to PAL sorted the problem out, and the OSD now displays correctly straight away. (I use a separate input on the plasma for the OSD, so the lack of autodetection is not a problem for me).

Hope this helps

Chris