Luke90's student bedroom setup

luke90

Established Member
Reaction score
Been waiting for a while to post up my setup but have been waiting for the right time. Finally felt it was ready although still have future upgrades planned.

So just to give you an overview. Im 19 and a student. Most of my setup ive paid for myself through my part time job, apart from a few things which have been birthday presents. Quite pleased with how its turned out to be honest.

So here goes.

3575925222_ba808c90f4.jpg

You can see the end of the sofa here as well as another rear speaker. The stands are just some £20 ones from argos with a glass base. The wires coming out from the sofa are for the projector. Not decided what to do with them yet but my dad won't let me drill anymore holes in the ceiling so they are staying there for now. :(

3575931040_ee3b151299.jpg

Quick shot of the projector. Its an Optoma HD700X. Managed to screw the mount into the ceiling and put a plate in the loft to spread the weight as there were no beams to screw it into at that point.

3575936418_948e002350.jpg

Originally had the tv on the desk but since i got the projector it wasnt possible to mount the screen infront of the TV. Got some shelves from Focus i think it was and the cd/dvd tower is from Argos. The TV is a Sony KDL-26T3000.

3575941970_a8a9b56747.jpg

Closer image of the tv and you can see the ikea dioder lights. Although the ones on the side and top arent as clear. These were the multicolour ones. Cost £40ish i think but managed to get these as a present.

3575144077_c4a76cd2ef.jpg

This av rack i got from Morrisons and i think it was around £35. Its not ideal but it fits nicely under the desk. The equipment here is a Sony Dav-DZ260, PS3 and wireless keyboard. Also next to the amp is a Fatality headset.

3575292489_904378b5fd.jpg

Thats the rest of the desk and equipment. The laptop is an Acer Aspire 3004WLMi. Nothing amazing but it suits me fine. The desktop is an old Packard Bell i bought off a friend for £20 a few years ago. I only have it for Wolfenstein Enemy Territory as the laptop's graphics card is rubbish. Got some Boston Acoustics 2.1 speakers aswell which are next to the CRT monitor. Pretty good considering they are an older set of speakers.

3575971132_1958357603.jpg

Here's a screen shot of the projector in action. The screen is an Optoma Panoview 92" pull down screen.

The full kit list is in my sig too below.

Future upgrades in mind are;

Dedicated AV reciever with new 5.1 surround speakers
New Desktop PC with Freesat PVR built in
Harmony remote
Netbook
Some new furniture

So thats my Setup. Let me know what you think.

Thanks
Luke

:)

Last edited:
Alright dude,

Savage setup, well done. Great use of your kit. Think of all the student scum you can fit in your room!! :devil:

Keep up the AV madness!!!

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Spashed out a bit on the projector with my overdraft so now got to spend my next month or twos wages paying it back :( Its soooo worth it though. haha

not bad, not bad. lovin that 92" screen...

wht the distance from the projector to the screen pls?

Thanks. The distance is approx 11ft. Almost fills the 92" screen. Must be around 90" the image size i reckon.

Very nice dude!

Im unfortunately moving out of my house and back to a bedroom at my dads :-(

I was wondering how I was gonna fit a 50" screen in a bedroom but see its not an issue! I'm seriously gonna think about getting a projector now!
:clap:

Ive just moved back from my uni flat. going to live at home next year to save money.
I had thought about buying a 50" tv so i could get 1080p but in the end i thought it would block out too much light as it would have to go on my desk blocking alot of my window. The projector seemed the best way to go and although its only 720p it still looks sooo good.

Id definatley recommend a projector to anyone thinking about getting one :thumbsup:

Haha. Im hoping at least a year. I dont think my wallet can take another beating for a while. :(

could we see a picture with the screen down but with the lights on in your room, so its easier to get a sense of scale to how big the screen actually is?

Great setup anyhow:clap:

Hi Luke,

Very nice setup you have there:thumbsup:

Too funky - i will get some more pics up over the weekend hopefully.

Tomelsemore - Yes the projector was a big investement for me but soooo worth it.

And thanks Ewan. Spent alot of money on it but there is always more to be spent. haha

Like what you have done there mate, very good use of space:thumbsup:

Thanks rhino. Its not always that tidy but i want to get some more storage anyway. Not sure quite what yet though.

How it would look like without the wires. :)

3575931040ee3b151299.jpg

Ahh thanks dasnipa. If only i could hide the cabling. My dad just doesnt want me drilling anymore holes into the ceiling/walls :(

Nice set up, love the projector and screen. :thumbsup:

Luke, get some plastic trunking, 1cm x 1cm, paint it same as the wall. Cost you pennies mate.

how does the trunking attatch to the wall?

ahh right cool. well i may look into that then :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom