Luigi's Mansion 2 anyone?

Take the sealed ones back to game or wherever you buy the second lot from.

That would be tesco. Lol
I've just had an email from tesco saying i have to post them back so samtman is correct. Don't think I can be arsed so I'll wait til Saturday. Enjoy guys.

Got mine from Shopto yesterday and had a quick blast on it last night. Smashing looking game with great atmosphere. It's made me chuckle out loud a few times already, love the way he hums along to the music.! If the game keeps up the quality all the way through it'll easily be in the 3DS's top five games imho.

Upgraded to a 3DSXL a while back and much prefer it, a lot less strain on the hands for me - I found the original very uncomfortable to play.

It's a good job that my girlfriend goes home for lunch as the postman had left my copy of Luigi half hanging out of the postbox for anyone to grab. I very much doubt that it would have still been there when I got home at 5pm.

I'm just about to give it a go, loving the glow in the dark box art.

Its reawakened my love of Scooby Doo and a childhood fascination for haunted houses with revolving walls, secret switches, hidden doors and such 'spooky' things.

I'm exactly the same, I've always loved all things haunted & spooky. personally I think it stems from reading the pop-up book Haunted House by Jan Pienkowski and the Fighting Fantasy books as a kid.

70001248.jpg

70328734753338fe3941z.jpg

tumblrm6wkl0engu1rqszvn.jpg

I too am finding having to tilt the 3DS up/down to look up and down very annoying when the 3D is on as the image goes all weird when not looking straight on. Be much better if you could press a button instead.

rickinyorkshire said:
I too am finding having to tilt the 3DS up/down to look up and down very annoying when the 3D is on as the image goes all weird when not looking straight on. Be much better if you could press a button instead.

Doesn't the x button look up ?

Doesn't the x button look up ?

Yeah, you can use the buttons to look up and down. Meaning you can keep the really nicely done 3D effect ramped up :D

I've done the first 3 missions and am having a blast.

The whole hoover mechanic is as fun as ever to use, and there have been some really neat touches and hidden goodies so far. Graphically it's also very strong, great lighting and models, and sound is well done as well... headphones can really help with tracking down ghosts.

Luigi always beats his brother in the personality stakes, and the characterisation in the game is great...

I'm looking forward to doing a few more missions later today :thumbsup:

This game is a stunner, one of the best games nintendo have released in a while imo.
It is almost the killer app i thought it may be.

Love the way he answers his phone/DS..."er...Yelloh!"

The whole game is filled with nice touches.

And I swear Professor E.Gadd looks the spitting image of my mates kid, even down to the ice cream cone hair, and 1 tooth.:laugh:

Love the way he answers his phone/DS..."er...Yelloh!"

The whole game is filled with nice touches.

And I swear Professor E.Gadd looks the spitting image of my mates kid, even down to the ice cream cone hair, and 1 tooth.:laugh:

I'll be honest RF I expected a comment about it being a pile of **** from you. I apologise. Lol

I'll be honest RF I expected a comment about it being a pile of **** from you. I apologise. Lol

Ha, not a problem mate...

Heres my taglines of the latest purchase, just so you know :rotfl: :

Bioshock - average to twaddle.
Room Raider - mediocre.

Luigis Mansion 2 - Brilliant.
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - Amazing.
Code of Princess(3DS e-shop download) - Brilliant, Sega Saturns Guardian Heroes on a handheld. and done by the Guardian Heroes team.
Tales of the Abyss - brilliant RPG.

Ha, not a problem mate...

Heres my taglines of the latest purchase, just so you know :rotfl: :

Room Raider - mediocre.

Luigis Mansion 2 - Brilliant.
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - Amazing.
Code of Princess(3DS e-shop download) - Brilliant, Sega Saturns Guardian Heroes on a handheld. and done by the Guardian Heroes team.
Tales of the Abyss - brilliant RPG.

Quite a Nintendo love in there. I've heard plenty about tales of the abyss but not played it yet. Code of princess sounds interesting. Might download that later.

Room Raider - mediocre.

And there is me trusting the 100's of 90%+ reviews for Bioshock...I could have come here and saved a fortune...:rolleyes:

I have only stopped playing Bioshock long enough to play Luigi...brilliant game so far.

I just thought it descended quickly into an average game, and then started to get boring and dragged a bit, and the story, and ending, well, I stand by the word twaddle.:laugh:

I just thought it descended quickly into an average game, and then started to get boring and dragged a bit, and the story, and ending, well, I stand by the word twaddle.:laugh:

So it doesn't beat the original then? I loved that and the whole Atlas/Ryan reveal was excellent. Rapture, Big daddies etc was excellent.

So it doesn't beat the original then? I loved that and the whole Atlas/Ryan reveal was excellent. Rapture, Big daddies etc was excellent.

Yeah, I would say that.
The visceral anger that the Daddys showed, isn't there, they are now replaced by automaton Ben Franklin et al type "stupids" bearing miniguns, who are AI retarded, and a handful of Handymen(think there are 3 or 4 of them in the whole game), who just utter rubbish comments, and don't do much else bar leaping towards you, punch the ground, hold their chest, repeat until bored. so easy to take out/fight.

Are you picking your Luigis up tomorrow, or have you got it yet?

Last edited:
Yeah, I would say that.
The visceral anger that the Daddys showed, isn't there, they are now replaced by automaton Ben Franklin et al type "stupids" bearing miniguns, who are AI retarded, and a handful of Handymen(think there are 4 or 5 of them in the whole game), who just utter rubbish comments, and don't do much else bar leaping towards you, punch the ground, hold their chest, repeat until bored. so easy to take out/fight.

Are you picking your Luigis up tomorrow, or have you got it yet?

Picking it up in the morning when I drop little girl off at mother in laws. I've got my lad tomorrow so may not get on the Wii U to play Lego but will certainly try and get on Luigi's later on.

Looking forward to playing something different to the usual 1st/3rd person shooters that seem to be ten a penny these days. Lego City sounds really fun. That and LM will be a nice change of pace to raiding tombs the size of my bathroom and controlling a space marine shooting intergalactic Nazis......zzzzzzz.. That was a reference to KZ3 which nearly bored me to tears when I played through it the other week.

Haha..I'll see your KZ3, and raise you Lifeless City Undercover..:rotfl:

Lego City(of which there must be hundreds of piece of, lying around my kids room, just doesn't muster the same excitement in me that Batman, Indiana Jones, LOTR, and the Star Wars universe do in their games.

[-]Played[/-] suffered about 2 hours of it today, and it didn't whet my whistle.
Instead of just comically portraying to it's positives(can't think what they are), like the other games, it just relies on pastiching just about every movie cliche there is, but not humourously.
Maybe if I were 5 or so, but not now.

Love the other games, just not this.

Pikmin, and other Nintendo titles need to come out fast.

[dons armour plated suit]

Haha..I'll see your KZ3, and raise you Lifeless City Undercover..:rotfl:

Lego City(of which there must be hundreds of piece of, lying around my kids room, just doesn't muster the same excitement in me that Batman, Indiana Jones, LOTR, and the Star Wars universe do in their games.

[-]Played[/-] suffered about 2 hours of it today, and it didn't whet my whistle.
Instead of just comically portraying to it's positives(can't think what they are), like the other games, it just relies on pastiching just about every movie cliche there is, but not humourously.
Maybe if I were 5 or so, but not now.

Love the other games, just not this.

Pikmin, and other Nintendo titles need to come out fast.

[dons armour plated suit]

Lmao that's fair enough. I havent played it myself yet so genuinely have no idea if I will like it. My only experience with Lego games is an hours worth of the LOTR game.

I may feel the same as you about it, then again I could love it. Will see what happens. Same applies to infinite.

And this is what makes life so interesting :D ... I loved Tomb Raider, and am really enjoying what I've played of Bioshock Infinite, but something like Monster Hunter would have me reaching for the eject button. It's great there are games out there for all tastes :thumbsup:

I also love Luigi's Mansion 2 :laugh: ... The game is just getting better as it goes along. Played for nearly 3 hours last night, only planned a quick mission or two. So many genius touches, and while the puzzles so far haven't been super hard, their solutions have brought on smile to my face on most occasions.

And I won't spoil nothing, but...
I never knew it was based in more than one mansion, so it was great when it was revealed that new places are going to be explored :clap:
Cracking game.

Anyone know how to save lol? I'd explored more of the house then I died and back to the start lol

Anyone know how to save lol? I'd explored more of the house then I died and back to the start lol

Finish the mission, and when you go back to the lab, it'll save.
Theres no mid level saves.

Theres no mid level saves.

Perhaps i just lost my gaming mojo but i turned the 3ds off after level b3...wont spoli it for anyone but i kept getting killed in a graveyard and had to start from the beginning each time. When you 'learn' a bosses moves in order to defeat them there is a lot of trial and error in any game but you often get to try it again right away....its a long process when you have to restart the entire level each time....:mad:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom