Luggage

IrynaK

Novice Member
Reaction score
What kind of luggage do you use in travel by plane for the long-term vocation?

Of course, weel luggage will be better. But what type - hard shell or smth sporting? Perhaps you can advise me any variant.
And for a handbag, I think a leather variant might be a good chose.

Would be glad to read your comments
Thanks

Anything going in the hold should have wheels.
They get treated more gently than those that do not

If you have a hard shell type luggage, just don't be shocked if it comes back to you dented.

Always check what airline or airlines you are using for luggage allowance size and weight.
Hard shell for me, with clasps not zip and four wheels. Samsonite is my preferred choice but it depends on your pocket and needs and airline allowance.

Caveat being wheeled and framed hard shells are heavier losing you the chance to get that fake but realistic statue back from whatever hell hole you are visiting.

But the cost of cheap fabric cases now, they are almost disposable after a years hammering.

Seeing as I have a wheeled option, I used the largest stuff bag allowed for the cabin and just use the suitcase as a trolly to carry the cabin bag at the airport etc.

We had hard shell but discovered that when they get damaged they're almost totally useless.
One got twisted in some way on the way back and one latch was already undone. It won't fasten securely and even with a strap I wouldn't trust it to the checkin chuckers again.
My partner works away most weeks and travels by train and plane. A Samsonite 4 wheeler has survived several years of use/abuse.
Last set of luggage came from Samsonite's outlet in Braintree. Total impulse purchase as we hadn't even meant to go there, but given very positive previous experience and a 50% discount it seems worth the cost.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom