Lucky SOBs in Europe and the UK... ;)

markusp

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I was all excited about the press releases I had been reading regarding the upcoming Epson TW600. Great specs, great price. Only one caveat, the great price is only for you luck so and so's in the Europe and the UK. Apparently, in your markets, the TW600 will have a list price of 1999 Euros including VAT. That means it will compete directly against the upcoming Sanyo Z4, the Panny AE900 and the Hitachi TX200.

We in North America get a different treat. This same projector will be placed above the other competitors and retail for a lofty "minimum" retail price of $4499 US or 3,616 Euros according to the press release today.

Guess where I will be ordering my next Epson from? Warranty be damned as I can probably but 2 for the price of one when the actual street prices hit.

Well, I guess that makes up for every other piece of electical/software/music item that is overpriced in the UK compared to US. :D

I bet once released, the actual street price will be comparible if not cheaper in the US.

It does make a change :D

I am pretty sure that Epson have a world wide warranty anyway, well they did when i enwuired about getting the TW100 from Japan a few years ago.

Yes they have world wide warranties and yes its about bloody time we got something cheaper then the US, but to be honest im 99.9% sure it will street over there for the same price, if not less!!!

markusp said:
Only one caveat, the great price is only for you luck so and so's in the Europe and the UK.

I thought the UK was part of Europe (despite our best efforts)? :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom