Lucky Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Sounds pretty damn good. I love a bit of Mr Dean Stanton, and this sounds just the job. This wasn't on my radar, so cheers Cas.

Just watched the trailer and it looks really good. Unfortunately, it seems to be restricted to a very limited number of locations. For those interested, it's available to rent on Amazon Video for £9.99

thanks for the review cas,didnt no about this at all and always rated harry,look forward to watching lucky.:thumbsup:

Thank you Cas,

One to keep an eye out for :)

Thanks for the review, Cas, it reminded me to rewatch Paris, Texas too.
Lucky is indeed a bitter sweet tale. H.D.S. gives the impression he didn't need to act too much for this role. His daily health routine in between a smoke is something to behold. And his philosophy on life isn't that far, seemingly, from a good few elder people out there until the end is in sight in which many turn to religion or, as Lucky maintains; some very personal semblance of facing it based on a fairly newly held belief of rationale toward it.
There's a good few touching scenes with Lucky, whether in his bar of choice, a surprising and so sweet moment at a birthday party, his home and a revelatory diner.
It's an interesting swipe at the humanistic aspects of what life is for the individual, how they define and make sense day-to-day and ultimately value it.

I saw Mark Kermode's review of this film and it does look good. Especially the way he describes the "apparently" random conversations.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention Cas. Definitely one I will search out. Always loved Harry Dean Stanton's unique way of playing any character - sometimes he says as much by not speaking, as when he does.

Finally got to watch this yesterday (Been away on Business for a couple of Months, so busy catching up).
A truly superb Movie - incredibly moving. There wasn't one moment that I wasn't completely engaged. What a way to bow out. Bravo H.D.S. You will be missed.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom