1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lucas! If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by eros, Apr 22, 2002.

1. eros

eros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it true that George Lucas is going to play around with the original SW trilogy yet again? If so what is the point to all this? Is it because he's having trouble tying events between the trilogies together? All I want is an excellent dvd transfer of the ORIGINAL versions

2. bh

bh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Indeed, it appears that we may never see the original pre-SE editions on DVD and there have been reports that a DVD of Episode 4 would contain new elements to provide some continuity with episode 3.

What is the point?

1. Accountants point of view - lots of juicy wonga.

2. Film-makers point of view - if Episodes 1-3 are to be genuine prequels to the original trilogy rather than prequels told in flashback, the biggest problem is the less sophisticated feel of the original trilogy. I suspect that adding new elements to the episodes 4-6 will serve to provide continuity of look, feel and story for those who didn't see the original trilogy.

Arguably, if Lucas could airbrush the original (non-SE) trilogy from the VCRs and Laserdiscs of history, he would do so in order to the opvious 20 year gap between the two series.

Just my 2p.

3. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,129
    Well personally I thought there was some awful "new stuff " in the SEs.
    Hopefully they will sort out some of the really garbage moss eisley shots and the totally crap CG jabba. Maybe they will rethink the whole greedo shoots first nonsense.

4. tryingtimes

tryingtimes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +548
    Unfortunately, Mr D, I think if he is tinkering we'll see much much more of the same. :(
    Maybe I should get myself a laserdisc player!
    It would seem that Mr Lucas is not aware of why the original trilogy is loved.:confused: