Luca (Disney+) Movie Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Thanks once again for an excellent review, Mr Harlow.

We'll definitely give this a go.
Very much looking forward to it mate.

Watched this last night got vibes of the little mermaid,fantastic animation and an absolute cracker in 4K and Dolby Atmos,didn’t find it pulling on the heartstrings like Soul but overall worth a watch

What a weirdly centre-heavy mix 🧐

xZuTSK7.png

xZuTSK7.png

Dolby Atmouse. :laugh:

Are you able to discern any major differences between streaming Atmos and disc Atmos pal?

Watched it this morning with the kids. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Not a tear jerker like the usual Pixar film.

Picture quality was exceptional. Loads of pop.

excellent review Cas !

i just finished watching this and i liked it a lot, i would give it a solid 8.
i’ll buy this when released on 4k disc.

Watched this tonight. Good story, good picture, very enjoyable.

xZuTSK7.png

Think they're doing something funky with the streamed version? People often complain about the lack of clarity/vocals and overpowering effects when down-mixing surround content. I think the BR version, once released, will be normal.

I didn’t get atmos today. But I did get dd+ Normally I do get atmos on the c9

Think they're doing something funky with the streamed version? People often complain about the lack of clarity/vocals and overpowering effects when down-mixing surround content. I think the BR version, once released, will be normal.
Could be, will be interesting to compare. Could just be the nature of the movie though

No atmos despite it saying atmos on Disney+ ?

Tried other shows and atmos works, just this movie, anyone else, I’m getting LPCM 5.1/7.1 from my Apple TV 4K.

No atmos despite it saying atmos on Disney+ ?

Tried other shows and atmos works, just this movie, anyone else, I’m getting LPCM 5.1/7.1 from my Apple TV 4K.

Atmos on mine via ATV 4K.

Watched this today with the kids. Loved it especially the Italian setting. Hit some emotional points with me and up there with Pixar's best. I'd personally rate it a 9.

Very enjoyable movie and lovely vibrant picture in DV helped by the great setting of the movie. Shame it wasn't in atmos for me, but a few have reported the same, so not sure what's wrong there, as it should be according to the info.

8/10

yeah thoroughly enjoyed this with my grandaughter,very nice picture and atmos worked for me,enjoyed the last few disney stuffto be released,their partnership with pixar is working,

It was a very down to earth and enjoyable film without having any big set pieces or extravagant world.

Probably the smallest scale Pixar work till date but also felt very personable too.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom