1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ltd Ed Pastel PS2s

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by ultimatenyle, Feb 6, 2003.

1. ultimatenyle

ultimatenyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    apart from lik-sang and GameChoiceClub does anyone know where i can get a ltd ed pastel PS2 silver, preferably modded to play and work uk games/240v ?

also what does the linux kit enable you to do, why have linux on a ps2?

2. MasterRusty

MasterRusty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you are after it for straight PAL use I imagine the UK Sony Playstation site will have them on their catalogue as they have the coloured machines now, the pastel colours are due for PAL release in the next month or so I think.

The Linux kit is for development of software I believe, much like the Net Yaroze (Black) Playstation of yesteryear...someone correct me if i'm wrong :)

3. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I doubt that the limited editions will make it over to Europe but we might as well hope ^_^ If it does I won't get a PAL one anyway... Mainly because I have two already and need an NTSC model.

I want the silver one as well and I'll probably mod it with either the M2 Clone or Magic Chip 3.1. As for places that pre-mod it for you... You'd best to have a look around because personally I don't trust half of the sites out there and would rather do it myself.

MasterRusty is correct that the Linux kit is there to help promote home coders to produce demos and videogames. Very hard to get hold of though and not actually worth the extra cash unless you are a keen programmer of course.

4. MasterRusty

MasterRusty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It does look like they will hit Europe, that is how I initially found out about them...a customer came into work (games shop) and asked if we would be stocking them as she saw them in 'The Sun'....but then how often to tabloids get their stories straight ;) lol

5. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lol True. Tabloids are awful for gaming reviews and... Well almost anything related to gaming full stop. Should be good though if it is released. I need to find a good place to order a Japanese/US PS2 Limited Edition though...