1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LT32DS6 - Question Regarding AV Channel

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Chorlton, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Chorlton

Chorlton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Finally getting there with the setup on my LT32.

Only one little issue to resolve.

I have tuned in analogue and digital tv, I have NTL on Ext1, my video recorder on Ext2 and dvd player on Ext4.

The problem is when flicking from tv to cable or the dvd player, I press the AV button which takes me to an 'AV' channel which is nothing but static and white noise, I press the button again or use the program up/down buttons to then flick to Ext 1,2 etc...

The manual is pitiful, in very small print it alludes that you can remove this 'AV' channel, but I cant find out how.

Anyone know how to resolve this?

2. Andy3

Andy3
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Hi Chorlton - We have the 26" version, and it does the same. I suppose it's included a an AV channel on the analogue tuner for video recorders, but if you don't use it (our video is on ch9 to mimic our previous TV setup) it is annoying. You can stop the noise & static by turning on the 'blue back' in the menu, but I didn't know the channel could be removed. You're right, the manual is p!ss-poor.

3. Chorlton

Chorlton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ive got blue back turned on, but you still get the initial static when you press the button.

I think the only solution is to tune the video in as you have, or to copy an analogue channel onto the AV channel.

4. Yak

Yak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    If the LCDs work in a similar way to the CRTs then you can remove the 'extra' channel. Go into the menu where you manually tune in the analogue channels. At the top of the list there should be a channel marked 'av'. Select this and delete it. Now, when you press the AV button it should go straight to EXT-1

Hope this helps

Yak

5. Glenagoolie

Glenagoolie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Did that work Chorlton ?, it didn't for me

6. Caimbeul

Caimbeul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    On the remote, there should be a button with an "I" on it, just press this then scroll to the input you want and click ok and it will jump straight to the input and you wont get this problem. Also you wont have to cycle through all other sources to get to the one you want, saving you time. :cool: