1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LT32DS6 - Help cant remove Ext label from screen

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Chorlton, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Chorlton

Chorlton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Can anyone help? Ive come home this evening to find the kids have been at the remote.

Whenever I change to the Ext channels (cable, dvd etc) I get the name in the top right hand corner as expected, but it now no longer goes away like it used to.

Ive gone through the manual but I cannot find anywhere how to reset the channel name to dissappear.

Ive tried pressing all the buttons but no joy. Anyone help please?

2. Caimbeul

Caimbeul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    i had this for most of last night...i think you press the "I" button on the upper left part of the remote...you have to cycle through a bit but it will go. if that doesnt work i will check tonight and let you know.

3. Chorlton

Chorlton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Cheers if you can double check. I assume you mean the big 'i' button on the top part of the remote on the left of the '0'.

Ive pressed that and it brings up a '00:00' icon then flicks back to saying Ext 1, but I'll try again now just in case.

-Update

Tried and did get rid of channel name on that channel, but as soon as I moved to another ext channel, problem reoccurs. So any additional info appreciated.

--Have tried again and now seems to have sorted it. I h8 JVC's excuse for a manual.

4. Caimbeul

Caimbeul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Glad to hear its sorted now. Sorry i couldnt be more specific earlier. I've only had it for one day and was going from memory.

I know the manual is cr@p isnt it :suicide: There is a function in the menu that is not covered in the manual "movie mode" or something with the word movie in it. Ive no idea what its supposed to do and when i toggle it on or off it doesnt seem to do anything!

5. nh3com

nh3com
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    think it has something to do with interlaced and progressive scan.. using Samsung hd850 and when in 720p you cant toggle movie mode, in 1080i you can't.. Doesn’t do much though.