Bargain LS50 Wireless (Gen 1) at Richer Sounds

GrazzaB

Hi

Just to say that it looks like for today only Richer Sounds are doing a clearance (eg open box / refurb) pair of the Kef LS50 Wireless speakers for £799, or £719 if you use the code VIP10. Considering these were £2000 new that’s a massive discount. I’m sure the MkIIs are better but these are still supposed to be fantastic speakers going by all the reviews.

Cheers

goingoingong

Distinguished Member
Hi

Just to say that it looks like for today only Richer Sounds are doing a clearance (eg open box / refurb) pair of the Kef LS50 Wireless speakers for £799, or £719 if you use the code VIP10. Considering these were £2000 new that’s a massive discount. I’m sure the MkIIs are better but these are still supposed to be fantastic speakers going by all the reviews.

Cheers
Now sold out so they weren't available for long.

GrazzaB

Ah sorry, I think they said on the page that they only had a few pairs, but hopefully some forum members got them.

goingoingong

Distinguished Member
Ah sorry, I think they said on the page that they only had a few pairs, but hopefully some forum members got them.
Not a problem.
In fact I've more than happy they are all sold as I bought a pair of these speakers from Peter Tyson a few weeks back at £1150. Them now being gone spares me any buyers remorse...:smashin:

It was a very good deal though, I'm not surprised they were all snapped up so quickly. Some other places were selling refurbs/open box at >£1100.

goingoingong

Distinguished Member
@GoingGoingGone how do you find them, are you happy with them?

All the best
In two minds.
My listening situation is not typical and the LS50W sit only 0.5m to 0.7m away in a PC desktop setup with distance between speaker centres of just 0.9m. As such I usually play lowish volume where they can sound great. Like good headphones but without any pressure on the ears :smashin:
Up the volume and not so good at times.

With some content they sound superb, others absolutely dreadful. So far I'd say they suit well recorded and mastered voices and instruments. With those it is possible to follow every instrument individually, and I've heard stuff going on I'd never noticed before.

A downside: at times with the LS50W I get the feeling of not being able to hear the wood because of the trees. The music sometimes doesn't gel together as a whole and is more just lots of seperate individual elements. But this could be due to the close near field listening location.

Also to me they suit more simple arrangements than wall of sound congested rock where they don't have the bass weight to give a decent representation at higher volumes.

Although the LS50W are rated to go to 105dB at full volume I doubt I've ever get near that as so far the treble is just too harsh sounding to my ears at higher volumes. Even at lower volumes I find I have to use the eq controls in MusicBee player on the PC to cut the treble at times.

I've read 200 hours are needed for the speakers to bed in, I doubt I'm even half way there yet so I'm hoping things will improve in time.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom