LS50 Wireless 2 Lan port speed?

ftracy3

Novice Member
I have some new KEF LS50 W2s and decided to hook them up by ethernet to see if I could best the 60 Mbs or so speed I was getting wirelessly in their location. I have a gig router and service. Plugging in a cable I get a blinking green light and solid amber light..and it turns the autodetect on my router to 100/full duplex capped instead of 1000/full capped. It's not the cord because plugging it into my laptop the router defaults back to 1000. Plugged in I'm getting around 70 Mbs. This seems fast enough but I'm wondering it there's a hardware issue. If anybody has their KEFs wired through the LAN port, could you take a look and let me know what lights you see? Thanks!

Orobas

I have some new KEF LS50 W2s and decided to hook them up by ethernet to see if I could best the 60 Mbs or so speed I was getting wirelessly in their location. I have a gig router and service. Plugging in a cable I get a blinking green light and solid amber light..and it turns the autodetect on my router to 100/full duplex capped instead of 1000/full capped. It's not the cord because plugging it into my laptop the router defaults back to 1000. Plugged in I'm getting around 70 Mbs. This seems fast enough but I'm wondering it there's a hardware issue. If anybody has their KEFs wired through the LAN port, could you take a look and let me know what lights you see? Thanks!
That 70Mbs seems to be about right looking at this article...

Even wireless they seemed to have issues with speed relating to Kef's software/hardware

Orobas

KEF responded by phone .said the port maxes out at 100Mbs
yeah under lab conditions no doubt.. Still that 70Mbs isnt that bad.. You could try a much higher rated cat cable to see if you could eek out a few more MB.. something like a Cat7 or a Cat8 ... but any gains will be minor and depending on your lan network/router compatibility

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom