LS50 binding posts

jsl20

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm currently running bare wire cable into the binding posts on my LS50s but purely from an aesthetic point of view I'm going to fit some banana plugs. I've just looked at the binding posts and there are plastic plugs in place, I guess to stop people plugging EU AC sockets in like you get on the back of amps. I've fully unscrewed the outer part of the binding post and tried pulling the plugs out with my fingers but they don't seem to budge and I don't want to apply too much force and cause any damage to them. Has anyone got any tips for extracting the little plugs?

Fine, sharp blade or jewellers screwdriver on the edge to pop them out.

Or get a small screw and screw it a little into the centre of the cap, get a pair of pliers on the screw and pull plug out.

You don't need the plugs so just bin them......

thanks, I'll give one of those a go.

I know I don't need the plugs but I have the speakers away from the wall and I keep looking at messy cables and it's annoying me. Plugs in the amp ends are a must but a nice to have on the speaker ends!

I mean the plugs blocking the banana plug holes. I much prefer banana plugs than bare wires in speakers, so I would always recommend them!

Aha no worries. I managed to get the binding post plugs out with a Stanley knife and some brute force. The whole thing made me very nervous!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom