• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Ls50 4 and 8 ohms amp quick question

handyroberts

Novice Member
Hi i have just picked up a pair of LS50s. First step in upgrading my system.
I want to check if i plug the LS50s into my Nad 356bee amp in the A speaker output and also have a pair of Bw 686 s2s on the B output. If i where to have both A & B outputs playing at the same time (appreciate it's not good audio quality to do this) will it damage the amp or any of the speakers due to different ohms of speakers?

Thanks
Andy

KenM10759

Established Member
Both speaker types are rated at a nominal 8Ω, though the LS50 can occasionally dip as low as 3.2Ω. That would be a transient dip and wouldn't harm the C356BEE unless it was sustained at a high volume level.

I really don't believe you have anything to worry about. That's a fairly robust amp with plenty of headroom, and is known to be impedance tolerant.

Paul7777x

Distinguished Member
Nads are legendarily tolerant of unpleasant loads.

I'd avoid double party volume for hours on end perhaps, but other than that I'd be happy to run both.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom