Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

LP's - flood damaged

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by Paul Williams, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Paul Williams

Paul Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hi Guys (& girls)

Recently had the misfortune to suffer a flood in the house in early August. One of the casualties was 399 LP’s. Now, the insurance company has provided a reasonable amount of money to replace these. But what I need to do is store them in covers (the originals are welded together, turned to mush or just plain fallen apart) whilst I start to source mint S/H or some new pressings, of those I can replace. Or some mint covers for those that I assess as non-warped, cleanable and so on that are irreplaceable. The thing I need is about 400 card sleeves (like the good old record shops used to keep the LP’s in whist the covers were in the racks) and a similar number of inner sleeves. the inners are no problem, but the outers are another matter. I know I can source these from the US, but anyone know of a UK source?

Not yet back in the house, as it is currently uninhabitable so will only be able to check in occasionally for updates – so hopefully “thanks for responses” in advance.

Paul

2. mr jones

mr jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    that sounds truely awful mate, good luck hunting, id be devistated if my music collection got damaged like that :(

3. Paul Williams

Paul Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Not really that devastating as this represents less that 20% of my collection - also 72 CD's damaged in the process, but CD's are only suitable for background music as we all know! :D So have yet to even think about those.

Paul

4. keiths

keiths
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. Paul Williams

Paul Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: