LPCM over HDMI and pre-outs

mlilliman

Hi all,

I'm looking to come up with a shortlist of receivers that support (at least) 5.1 LPCM over HDMI, and are equipped with pre-out sockets so I can drive the front 2 channels with my stereo integrated amp.

There's been a fair bit posted recently about the new Onkyo range supporting HDMI v1.3a and decoding the latest HD audio formats, but I think only the SR705 (at £600) and above, are equipped with pre-outs. I have a PS3 which makes a good stab at the decoding side of things, so am happy going for a lower spec'd av amp until there's more choice available.

For my needs, and around the £400 mark, which av amps / receivers have a good pre-amp topology and chipset? Does anyone have any experience of the Yamaha DSP-AX761?

Any help appreciated.

dmcpherson2007

Standard Member
I am looking to buy the Yamaha DSP-AX761 but there seems to be very little information on it. I am particularly interested as to whether there are any LFE problems with it as with other HDMI 1.2 amps.

Either it is so good that peole are keeping to themselves, or it is so bad that people are reluctant to own up to the fact that they have bought a lame duck;)

Ned Senior

Hi all,

I'm looking to come up with a shortlist of receivers that support (at least) 5.1 LPCM over HDMI, and are equipped with pre-out sockets so I can drive the front 2 channels with my stereo integrated amp.

There's been a fair bit posted recently about the new Onkyo range supporting HDMI v1.3a and decoding the latest HD audio formats, but I think only the SR705 (at £600) and above, are equipped with pre-outs. I have a PS3 which makes a good stab at the decoding side of things, so am happy going for a lower spec'd av amp until there's more choice available.

For my needs, and around the £400 mark, which av amps / receivers have a good pre-amp topology and chipset? Does anyone have any experience of the Yamaha DSP-AX761?

Any help appreciated.

I am in the same quandry looking for something similar so await replies eagerly!!!

rulocal

Ditto.

The Yammy seems the cheapest option but I also have not heard it or seen any reviews. Other options are the Sony 3200 or Denon 2307. I was disappointed to find ot the new Pioneer 1017 does not do LPCM over HDMI, despite being HDMI 1.3?!

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom