1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lp12 speed problems

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by matmum, Nov 3, 2004.

1. matmum

matmum
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi

i have got an lp12 (with an originlive dc motor kit) and a fair while after i had it installed the motor needed re-adjusting as it was running too quickly. so i sent it to be repaired and it seemed fine for some time - but when i played an lp the other day it seemed a be running slightly too slowly.

i just wondered if anyone has any suggestions i could try - i have a feeling that the motor speed has slowed up and will need re-adjusting. if this is the case i will have to attempt it myself, so does anybody know where i can get a strobe, and does anyone know how to adjust the two speeds.

also could it be a problem with the belt as i have not replaced it since i purchased it a few years ago.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thnx :)

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    I assume you've been in contact with Origin,who should be able to supply you with information as to adjusting the speed,and when fitted,the Origin should have come supplied with a strobe card,which are easy to obtain in any case from most accessory shops.

Another possibility is as you say,a worn belt,or oil on it....check the speed first,and then consider contacting Origin?

3. Londondecca

Londondecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    I agree, check everything to make sure it is spotless. I would also suspect the power supply.

The belts do stretch and have a limited life span.

4. matmum

matmum
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i did contact originlive but they haven't replied yet - from what i recall there's four screws that need adjusting ( i dont really get the fact that theres 2 screws for each speed tho).

when you say make sure everythings clean - do you mean literally cleaning the platter etc. also should the belt be cleaned - if so with what (i have never done any maintenance on the deck before).

i also read somewhere that there are different ways to put the belt on - i just use the traditional way - maybe thats not the best.

i dont have the strobe as i gave it to the people that did the mod - so i need to get a new one - can anyone recommend an internet site that i could get one from.

cheers :)

5. SKA.face

SKA.face

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It won't be the belt,if the belts worn it will run too slow not too fast!but change it if you don't know how old it is.

6. SKA.face

SKA.face

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry just re-read that it's now slow,if it's the belt the speed will be slow and inconsistent.